Fed Sig 12EV TwinSonic

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
The following is a copied thread from for sale... the thread took a tech turn, so I copied it here and left the for sale ad only in the for sale section.

Hello again, everyone.

This is a real nice model 12EV TwinSonic that I am selling on here for the same fire department that I had sold a couple of lightbars, sirens, and beacons for last year on the old ELB. This bar is just like they day it was bought on the inside and the domes are in great shape. I have previously wet-sanded and polished them to get most of the surface scratches out. I know that coming across these bars are rare in itself, and this is the second one of the same model I've had in my possession (for the time being ;) ).

This item is for sale on the for sale board.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8957

ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg82_Mercer36_2nd12EV001.jpg

ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg82_Mercer36_2nd12EV002.jpg

ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg82_Mercer36_2nd12EV003.jpg

ai246.photobucket.com_albums_gg82_Mercer36_2nd12EV004.jpg

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Put flashers in it, swap the red domes for clear and you got yourself a NYPD Twinsonic :cool:

Anybody did this before? Nice project, I'd say!

Good looking bar by the way!

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Thanks, Fireball3 and Toon80, especially with the NYPD idea :lol: . The FD that it came from only gets 1-2 calls per year (crazy but true :shock:) and it stayed inside most of its life. Not often you get a near mint bar as old as this from a fire department so I think somebody will like this one for their collection.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
toon80 said:
Crown Vic:
1- Is a NYPD Twinsonic Do-able?

I don't see why not. It'd be a neat project for somebody to try ;) .

2- Best curtain ever ;) Went to 2 AC/DC concerts. Best band out there!!

It's actually a T-shirt with nearly all their album covers. I've seen them in concert (Black Ice tour stop in Fargo :D ). They still rock hard to this day. Angus still acts like he's 21 :lol: .

Remember guys, I'm open to good offers on this bar. Let me know!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Sorry abut the off topic turn in my sale post, John :oops:. My apologies.

Edited my original post above to reflect the conversation better ;) .

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
CrownVic97 said:
Sorry abut the off topic turn in my sale post, John :oops:. My apologies.

Edited my original post above to reflect the conversation better ;) .

No problem at all.. it's an interesting item and worth discussing, which is why I moved/split it.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
I don't think Federal ever listed a model 12 EVF, just the 12 E (no mirrors or flashers) and 12 EV (V-mirrors), I think the flashing PAR-36's were just an option.

NYPD's AeroTwins were set up like a 12EV with flashers, but I don't think NYPD ever used the 12EV.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.