Fed Sig MML1-FD

Jun 18, 2013
PA
/\ /\

What he said..

Reactions: southpaw
Jun 18, 2013
PA
How does it close after power is removed? Some kind of spring loaded action?

Appears to have multiple power leads.. 1 probably for the motor, and 1 for the light itself.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
Yes, reversing motor, power applied it opens, power removed it closes, the other turns on/off the light.
I had 1 in my POV/Response car for several years it was wicked attention-getting when activated.

southpaw

May 7, 2015
South-West
What ChiefOps, Stampeed said.. Two leads one for light, one for motor that operates the shield. Power on light and shield lifts, power off light goes off shield closes automatically...

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Yep, that's the first one I've seen work! Thanks for posting the video, Southpaw.

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
The primary intended market for these lights were unmarked emergency vehicles, the light was mounted to the front headliner in front of or adjacent to the rr view mirror or on the rear deck, the motorized cover concealed the colored lens when light was not in use.
The light was factory steady burn but could be configured with a flasher.

southpaw

May 7, 2015
South-West
Here is a nice piece of trivia for you.... (The attached image is an EES Coplite motorized mirror light. The description below is from an auction for one of the EES motorized lights.)

VINTAGE EES CopLite MOTORIZED MIRROR LIGHT SAME AS FEDERAL SIGNAL MML1-FD
This is a like new piece of equipment. It was installed in my equipment demonstrator vehicle briefly but has seen no real use. Comes with brand new bracket for 1998 and up to ? Ford Crown Victoria headliners. I have tested it and it works perfectly. This light is one of the neatest ideas ever and is now a true collectors item. It is left over inventory from my now closed business.
The back story: EES CopLite thought that the motorized fog lights made by IPF of Japan (these used to be found in the JC Whitney catalog back in the 80's) would work perfectly as a covert interior warning light that met California Title 13 specifications. It worked! Then Federal Signal started copying it and call it MML1.
Installation requires removal of the inside rear view mirror (and mounting tab on windshield by using a heat gun, if you wish), mounting the vehicle specific headliner bracket and then attaching the rear view mirror and light to the bracket. The 55 watt H-3 bulb cuts through the windshield tint flawlessly. Some agencies would even add an "eyebrow" tint to the top of the windshield for an even more covert appearance. Do not use a 100 watt H-3 bulb as the heat produced will damage the motor. These lights were also commonly mounted to the rear parcel shelf in a vehicle.
Please see my other items!
WARNING: It is the buyer's responsibility to know whether or not they may legally purchase, legally posses or legally use this equipment. Seller is not responsible or liable for the buyer's actions involving this equipment.

Attachments

• 1_0a4d2d68434dd089c78aa00e97f9f736.jpg
    1_0a4d2d68434dd089c78aa00e97f9f736.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 10

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.