Federal Signal Fed Sig Pa300 Silver face question.

Hello and good day. I bought a silver face pa300 58-200w.
I want to hook it up but realized it doesn't have a "PA" Setting. Only Radio, manual, wail, yelp and hi-lo.
I mainly need it as a PA for my truck but also needed a siren for the occasion.
I thought they all had a PA built in but I guess I was wrong. Can I modify it to work as a PA or do I need to get a different one?
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

GreY2231

Oct 22, 2023
Germany
When I key the mic, the siren stops. So I guess the button works. Then maybe the mic itself inside is bad? Should be an easy fix right?

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
The microphone having failed seems the most likely cause for this behavior, and is almost certainly the easiest thing to repair or replace first.

GreY2231

Oct 22, 2023
Germany
Is there a place to get replacement parts? I would like to swap the mic inside rather than replace the entire part.

GreY2231

Oct 22, 2023
Germany
I removed the cover for the unit and saw 3 wires from the mic. Red white and 2 black together. One of the black wires seems to be the shielding. They were on the pin that says grn and the pin for blk is empty. Should they be on the other pin?20240613_134501.jpg20240613_134523.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nosajj

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.