Fed Sig Sentry (Amber)

brts96

Feb 11, 2011
U.S, MN
Recently picked up an unused, still in the box Amber Sentry from a buddy of mine. Had it sitting in a box in his shop.

I don't know much about it, other than it works, and seems to be the slower of the speeds offered. I know Federal discontinued them a while back , as well.

Looks like the beacon and box are prior to Federal putting anything internet related on their products (no website info).

Can anyone give me any other info on it ? Would it be worth using for times when I'm needing some extra warning power (stopped on the shoulder, etc), or better to relegate it to collector status, and use something more modern, in the rare event the warning power is needed? Sentry seemed bright when we tested it.

What's it worth, also?

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I can't speak to it's collectability but it has a large reflector and is one of the brighter rotators made. I think they typically go for $50-$100 but not rare that I know of. IMO if it is not a collectable for ya, sell it and get a cheap mini beacon for $20-$40 and toss that in the trunk.

brts96

Feb 11, 2011
U.S, MN
I can't speak to it's collectability but it has a large reflector and is one of the brighter rotators made. I think they typically go for $50-$100 but not rare that I know of. IMO if it is not a collectable for ya, sell it and get a cheap mini beacon for $20-$40 and toss that in the trunk.
Thanks much. I might hang onto it, but we'll see what happens.

Glad it isn't super collectible. May toss it in the trunk, for now, at least.

Rare it will get used, but may be good to have it, if needed

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
If you intend to carry it for occasional use when stopped as you said, I don't think you'll find anything as bright in such a small package. The Sentry had a very good reflector derived from the Streethawk. The only other halogen beacon with that kind of brightness was the Ecco 5715, a super well designed reflector but the light was a bit larger overall. Not made anymore either.

brts96

Feb 11, 2011
U.S, MN
Thanks for the info.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a small, cheap throw light, as an alternative, especially if I do sell this one, or put it on the shelf?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.