Fed Sig SLR Lightbar (Multi-Color)

Pucky

May 31, 2013
Virgina Beach - VA
Hello
I have a FedSig SLR 7 Pod Multi-Color Lightbar..
Is there a program where you can change the colors, direction and speed of rotation yourself?
Not the change of the programmed Pattern what i have.

Other manufacturers (SoS and Whelen) offer this in their hardware center (download)
Federal Signal have this to ?
Greets..Tom

gtpts27

Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
Hello
I have a FedSig SLR 7 Pod Multi-Color Lightbar..
Is there a program where you can change the colors, direction and speed of rotation yourself?
Not the change of the programmed Pattern what i have.

Other manufacturers (SoS and Whelen) offer this in their hardware center (download)
Federal Signal have this to ?
Greets..Tom

You can change the bar to any of the built in patterns but you cannot create new patterns that aren't already loaded into the bar's existing firmware. That can only be done by having Fed Sig itself create custom firmware for your bar.

Reactions: JohnMarcson

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Ok ,thank you...
Light bars are going down the path of John Deere tractors and similar equipment with digital Rights Management that locks us out of working on them. I was actually pleasantly surprised when I was able to download a complete programming suite from Whelen's website and it gave me access to change absolutely every feature connected to the system including the light bar.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Yes..that is a Problem..All others.."Sound off Signal! also, have Programs for everyone
I agree... there is no good reason to lock out the customer when they spend several thousand dollars (in the case of a multi-color SLR) on a lightbar.

However, that bar that you have there is my Holy Grail. I'll get my hands on one someday.

Reactions: Dave F

Menachem S

May 1, 2017
Brooklyn
So Federal signal made the join Network which allows you to reprogram all their other light bars unfortunately still not the SLR and as per the last time I spoke to them there are no future plans at the moment to put the SLR as part of the join Network

God444

Mar 30, 2020
Suffolk county
You can change the bar to any of the built in patterns but you cannot create new patterns that aren't already loaded into the bar's existing firmware. That can only be done by having Fed Sig itself create custom firmware for your bar.
Any chance u wanna get rid of it

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.