Fed sig vision problems

HFD38RESQ

Aug 3, 2010
I need help I dont have adobe on this computer and I have a vision. I need to know what the colors in the gray set of cords go to.. is the green the power?

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
If you have a true vision then the only wires coming out of the lightbar should be a power, a ground, and an RJ45 cable that plugs directly into the vision control box.

HFD38RESQ

Aug 3, 2010
MPD 818 said:
If you have a true vision then the only wires coming out of the lightbar should be a power, a ground, and an RJ45 cable that plugs directly into the vision control box.
they cut the rj45 cable and it made it look like 8 little wires.. my bad problem not fixed it still goes beep beep beep beep

MPD 818

May 25, 2010
Murfreesboro TN
You need to re-crimp an RJ45 connector onto the gray cable in the appropriate order. As far as the siren going "beep beep beep" make sure you have the right control head with the right siren. The vision will also make that noise when there is a communication problem between the siren and the lightbar, which sounds like you have if they cut the cable in half.

May 22, 2010
New York City
you also have to make sure, the boards in the vision are the same revision as the brain, otherwise you can expierence the same problem

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
Well I was reading in another thread that the "phone cord" (yes it is reversed) only needs 4 wires but the connectors on each unit have 6 tabs. Could this be the issue?

I 26

Sep 9, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
If you ask me the most effective solution is to simply replace the plug-in cord...not that expensive direct from fed-sig. That's what I did and have my Vision running beautifully - far better than any ding-dong crimp job.

I 26

Sep 9, 2010
Vancouver, Canada
Jennifer Rose Towing said:
Well I was reading in another thread that the "phone cord" (yes it is reversed) only needs 4 wires but the connectors on each unit have 6 tabs. Could this be the issue?

The thinner 4 wire cord runs from the switch pad to the "brain"...the 8 wire cord runs from the "brain" to the lightbar...so it depends what you are talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.