Federal Beacon info requested

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Ok, not a beacon guy in the slightest. I was working on deal for other parts and I was shown a FEDERAL SIGNAL CORPORATION

MS-51317-03. The beacon is sitting on a lightbar and appears to be in excellent condition. My reading tells me it a Military Surp beacon that uses the Model 14 lenses. Assuming it spins and nothing is wrong with it, what's the going rate on these things? Apparently on the base it states 28 volt DC. Should work fine 12VDC?

Just curious if I should snap it up and hold onto it, or its worth nothing.

Thanks,

Rob

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Those model "14" mil spec beacons are pretty common. They usually sell for around $50-$75 retail. I wouldn't give more then $35. Now if it is mounted to a true federal signal bar, that could mean worth more. The motor and the bulbs are both 28 volt so thats a big negative on the 12 volt question

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
These beacons really do require 24-28VDC to operate correctly and the later style have little collector value. Those made with the skirt, dome, and mounting system of the 17 Beacon Ray command better collector prices.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Thanks for the info..

I will file this into the not worth poo category.. lol

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
NPS Ranger said:
On the other hand, they're just the ticket if you're into blinkies and you also own a Beechcraft Bonanza.

Yes, but the military beacons do not have FAA certification and cannot be used on aircraft.

juanprado

Aug 13, 2013
Nawlins, Louisiana
Stampeed Valkyrie said:
Ok, not a beacon guy in the slightest. I was working on deal for other parts and I was shown a FEDERAL SIGNAL CORPORATION
MS-51317-03. The beacon is sitting on a lightbar and appears to be in excellent condition. My reading tells me it a Military Surp beacon that uses the Model 14 lenses. Assuming it spins and nothing is wrong with it, what's the going rate on these things? Apparently on the base it states 28 volt DC. Should work fine 12VDC?

Just curious if I should snap it up and hold onto it, or its worth nothing.

Thanks,

Rob

I am looking for 24v beacon. I would appreciate the referral?

Thanks,

Juan

Jun 18, 2013
PA
juanprado said:
I am looking for 24v beacon. I would appreciate the referral?

Thanks,

Juan

Sent you a PM, good luck.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.