• eLightbars would like to take this opportunity to wish our members & staff a very safe & Happy Holiday season!
    Thank you to everyone that keeps this site going year after year.

Federal CT-1 lightbar

Not much is out on it as much as it's cousin the CTS 1. It appears to have been on the available prior to the CTS 1 but never caught on. Is there any more information anyone has on it, like when did it hit the market, who used them, was it any good, and when was it discontinued?

stansdds

Veteran Member
The CT-1, known as the California Twin Beacon Ray, utilized a pair of what appeared to be a pair of 184 beacons on a Visibar. The 184 on the passenger side was a standard version Model 184, the one on the driver's side lacked a motor and instead had a forward facing, steady burn PAR-46 lamp and a rear facing PAR-46 connected to a flasher. The dome on the driver's side was a split color, with red to the front and amber to the rear. It was advertised in Bulletin 67, which had an effective date of March, 1970, printed May, 1975, so it was definitely available from 1970 through 1975. That's about all I can tell you.

stansdds

Veteran Member
Seeing as how so few exist today, I'd say production numbers were quite limited. It's much easier to find a CTS TwinSonic than it is to find a CT 1 bar.

Maxim2Eng

Premium Member
Platinum Donor
I seem to recall SFPD tested/used the CT-1 after the spartan single roof mounted Unity spotlight steady burn…you know, with the scull scraper handle protruding into the pass compartment. I’ve slept since then and now it’s cocktail hour….

I believe this is the only example I can find.
74c4d1b48a29ade85b7b15a801a1d05b.jpg

dmathieu

Premium Member
I remember seeing a picture of a whole parking lot full of them.
I also have seen some with a blue dome on the rotator side.

ryan

Premium Member
Gold Donor
Bob Vestute has an original production model. Eric created his model as did I.

Staff online

Secure Browsing

Search for a Member

Top Bottom