Federal Director and Interceptor sirens

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Interesting video. The Wail on the Series 2A sounds strange on the wail. When it hit bottom instead of a steady up/down it sounds like it starts over. Mine doesn't do that it's nice and steady up/down. Not sure I have ever heard on do that before.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Interesting video. The Wail on the Series 2A sounds strange on the wail. When it hit bottom instead of a steady up/down it sounds like it starts over. Mine doesn't do that it's nice and steady up/down. Not sure I have ever heard on do that before.
I think it was a sound clip in a loop that Wailer had to work with. I'm sure it rises and falls normally in actual siren consoles ;)

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I fixed the audio. Each siren clip has one wail cycle, a few yelps, and a bit of reverb added for a more direct comparison.

Last edited:

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Looks like a PA15A series 1E with an Interceptor label. I've also seen a PA20A with a Director label.

Reactions: CrownVic97

Wolfie

Jul 3, 2016
Arrey, NM
All I know is this thing was sitting on a metal support beam on the wall of the fire station with a bunch of dust.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
That Director from Wolfie must have been a Friday/Monday special to get an Interceptor label ;)

Reactions: Wolfie

jswwjw

Dec 10, 2010
Southern Indiana
I remember in the 70's you could position the selector switch between the wail and the yelp and it would made a very strange sounding combination. Like Wayne's world; diddle loop-diddle loop-diddle loop.

Reactions: Wolfie

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I remember in the 70's you could position the selector switch between the wail and the yelp and it would made a very strange sounding combination. Like Wayne's world; diddle loop-diddle loop-diddle loop.
The 1970s PA15A series 1E and PA20A series 2E versions will make weird sounds if you catch the selector switch between wail and yelp.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Here you go down memory lane!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
The blues brothers sound

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOHCZC

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.