Federal Enterprises (prior to Fed Sig) Beacon Ray Model 17 Restoration

wfdstation42

May 23, 2010
USA/FL
Here are before and after pics of a Federal Enterprises Beacon Ray Model 17. The chrome was shot, tag was corroded and the only paint left on the tags was 2 very tiny rings under the mounting screws and the dome was crazed. Sent the base to John Dorgan for rechroming and bought one of his blue domes. I restored the tag.

ai196.photobucket.com_albums_aa13_wfdstation42_elightbars_SANY0006_2.jpg

ai196.photobucket.com_albums_aa13_wfdstation42_elightbars_SANY0041_1.jpg

ai196.photobucket.com_albums_aa13_wfdstation42_elightbars_SANY0042_2.jpg

Wigwam700

May 25, 2011
New York Adirondacks US
That is amazing!!! :D :D:D:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :hail: :hail: :hail:

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
WOW!!! Looks new again. That tag is a bit different than the typical versions where the lighthouse and "beach" have a red background. I have one myself and never noticed it until I was comparing notes at Ryan's house. Great job on the tag restoration as well.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Fed Sig changed the color layout of the lighthouse and shore from all-polished to an outline form somewhere around 1958-59.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.