Federal Enterprises, Q2B...with a light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
While I am not quite as well versed in the vintage/historical arena as I wish to be, I cannot say I have ever seen or heard of a combination Q2B light/siren!! I love seeing the new combinations of things that used to be out there!!

wfdstation42

May 23, 2010
USA/FL
It is not a Q, The mounting foot and rear cone were replaced with ones from a Q. I have been in contact with the seller about shipping but seems he fell off the face of the earth. On a related subject, FedSig did offer a front light option for the Q at one point.

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
Based on the hole above the tag, not lining up with anything inside, Id say a q2b rear cone slapped on another siren, 66 maybe?

Reactions: JohnMarcson

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
It is not a Q, The mounting foot and rear cone were replaced with ones from a Q. I have been in contact with the seller about shipping but seems he fell off the face of the earth. On a related subject, FedSig did offer a front light option for the Q at one point.
Has anyone seen or have a pic of a light option for a Q?

Torpedo

May 9, 2012
USA Fl
Yes, that is a C series siren. I have not seen a Q with a light but....one with a cone or something on it. We also did a couple with a heavy, chrome Flying Nun looking shroud at E-One. It was to project sound away from cab.

Yes, that is a C series siren. I have not seen a Q with a light but....one with a cone or something..

ambulance radio controlled.jpg

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Yes, that is a C series siren. I have not seen a Q with a light but....one with a cone or something on it. We also did a couple with a heavy, chrome Flying Nun looking shroud at E-One. It was to project sound away from cab.

Yes, that is a C series siren. I have not seen a Q with a light but....one with a cone or something..
Looks like a clapper similar to a pulsator.

Reactions: Torpedo

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I stand corrected.
That doesn't mean there isn't a prototype out there...  the model 14 hill light and 5 beam power light were all "not real' until we saw pics of prototypes.  Pretty much any combo of parts that fit together would have been factory prototypes.  I don't have any documented catalogs or pics to prove there was a Q with a light in Federal's production line. I also don't have a complete enough archive to prove the opposite.  From the info the site has, there was never a production Q with a light.  Please prove that wrong...no, seriously, I would love to see one. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: guy m.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ragnarok

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.