Federal ILS 06 Charger

Starman

Jan 10, 2012
Pinellas County, Florid
I have a federal ILS system in the rear deck of my 06 Charger. I'm not real impressed with the flash patterns. This was installed in 06. Is there an upgrade, or after market flasher I can install to make the flash pattern more like the Whelen inner edge?

And, will I be able to take this ILS and transfer it to a 2012 Charger?

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
Starman said:
All the knowledge on this site, nobody knows.

Let me ask this, is there an aftermarket led flasher I can use to take place of the factory flasher?

Mine has 10 lightheads.

I have no idea if there is a direct replacement but all you need is a little know how and 2 or 3 9M flashers and the bar will pop....

ryanm

May 20, 2010
Arkansas
What sort of pattern are you looking for? The SIM that controls my ILS has more patterns than I want to go through when trying to find one.

I can't help you with fit questions. Your best bet would be to call FedSig.

Starman

Jan 10, 2012
Pinellas County, Florid
I called fedsig, they said the newer ILS has the better flash patters. Mine are somewhat boring, not that I really look at the back of the car that much when I'm working. It's set up in a r.b.r.b.r.b.r.b.r.b. so all the red fire at one time, and alternate with the blue. I want a flash pattern like the Whelen inner edge that we have on our crown Vic's.

I'll check into the 9m flashers.

Thx, Ray

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
I'm gonna say leave it be...slow, steady alternating flashes, all red then all blue.... Make it too flashy and people become worse drivers than they are already.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
PJD642 said:
I'm gonna say leave it be...slow, steady alternating flashes, all red then all blue.... Make it too flashy and people become worse drivers than they are already.
yeah, just look at the research that goes into the CHP flash patterns.......now they are simple, but effective.

DaCityPolice

May 23, 2010
Washington, DC
My department uses the older, taller ILS rear bars in our 2008 cars and they have pretty boring patterns. The 2010 cars have the new, lower profile ILS bars and they have a lot more and better patterns. I can't help the OP w/the original question but I know FedSig seems to be improving their offerings w/flash patterns.

Starman

Jan 10, 2012
Pinellas County, Florid
DaCityPolice said:
My department uses the older, taller ILS rear bars in our 2008 cars and they have pretty boring patterns. The 2010 cars have the new, lower profile ILS bars and they have a lot more and better patterns. I can't help the OP w/the original question but I know FedSig seems to be improving their offerings w/flash patterns.

I emailed federal, see if a newer flasher can be used, hopefully a simple plug and play install. I'll update this post when I know.

Here's a quick video I took

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npQcMgZy-jo&list=HL1330882108&feature=mh_lolz

Last edited by a moderator:

Starman

Jan 10, 2012
Pinellas County, Florid
I got email from fedsig today. Fed sig newer ILS has a motherboard, rather than a flasher and it's not interchangeable.

I get a lot of compliments on how the car is set up. I've seen overkill, specifically in Hillsborough County. Those guys will stack light bar on top of lightbar, three and four high... you installers from Tampa have prolly seen them out there.

NFD-102

Aug 1, 2011
NW Connecticut
Starman said:
I emailed federal, see if a newer flasher can be used, hopefully a simple plug and play install. I'll update this post when I know.

Here's a quick video I took

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npQcMgZy-jo&list=HL1330882108&feature=mh_lolz

WHACKERISH...The next town over maybe worse but your following closely behind them. It must be blinding at night time. I agree with the message above, the two lightbars and the lower lights are a bit much. You'd be better off with one lightbar and the HAW's.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.