Federal Model 28-S Video Debut

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Federal should bring back this siren for those who want a 'mechanical tone' for their cars, pickups, and SUVs.

Reactions: Skulldigger

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Well, Skulldigger, I bet your neighbors just love you. :D Great sounding siren and a true classic.

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Well, Skulldigger, I bet your neighbors just love you. :D

My old neighbors were use to it. I have new ones now and they are in learning mode. Lol. I think I drew the most attention when I did the PA20 video, I had to do several retakes to get the pattern I wanted. Cars were running up and down the road looking for the action.

Last edited:

CHIEFOPS

Jan 24, 2011
NYC
Federal should bring back this siren for those who want a 'mechanical tone' for their cars, pickups, and SUVs.
Agree, it's always been my favorite, IMO superior to the Q. Were I speccing for an agency- standard 28s for trucks, high pitch 28s for autos and SUVs.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Agree, it's always been my favorite, IMO superior to the Q. Were I speccing for an agency- standard 28s for trucks, high pitch 28s for autos and SUVs.
I heard the high pitched 28s and 66s. They scream as high as the PA15A series 1E and PA20A series 2E electronic sirens (c. 1970s). I prefer the standard pitch versions.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.