Federal Mogul... Signal Stat... Dietz.. whatever Saturday fun.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Just coming back from a short Saturday road trip, went for 1 thing and as usual came back with several.

The star of the show.. (so far) was this NOS Dietz 2/7-11 rebadged beacon. I have the box which dates this beacon from the Mid 90's and is branded Federal Mogul. Came with paperwork, foam mounting pad and mounting hardware.. and vintage dust.

Dome and retaining band are both branded Signal-Stat.. and going by my history FM purchased what became of Dietz and Signal Stat in the early 90's.. sold the inventory under the FM name and then sold to Trucklite later in the 90's.
Dome reads Signal Stat 77-212. And I do not see any model number on the retaining band of the beacon.
Box reads Federal Mogul Model 311A.

I'll have video at a later date.

Optimized-20210320_183734.jpg

Optimized-20210320_183748.jpg

Optimized-20210320_183815.jpg

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
@Stampeed Valkyrie
Federal-Mogul bought Signal-Stat in 1986, Dietz in 1990 and made the Dietz products become Signal-Stat and sold Signal-Stat to Truck-Lite in 2002.

Earlier beacons had the same motors that Dietz used but later changed to the cheaper light duty motors that you have in yours.

Nice find!

Michael

Reactions: Stampeed Valkyrie

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Definitely much louder than the older, Bosch motor and gear box assembly. These late production beacons are definitely of cheaper quality than than the original Dietz and Signal-Stat beacon.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Just viewed the video again, looks to me like the top retaining nut is moving in an orbit around the middle of the dome, so it's not bulbs set at angles, but more likely the shaft is not straight.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Just viewed the video again, looks to me like the top retaining nut is moving in an orbit around the middle of the dome, so it's not bulbs set at angles, but more likely the shaft is not straight.
I'll set it up and take a look at it, we shall see

Reactions: stansdds

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Another possibility is the lamp carriage assembly is not square to the drive shaft.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.