Federal Q2A

taurnhammer

Original poster
Nov 26, 2017
Ignacio, CO
I'm in the process of restoring an old fire engine and picked up a "Q" from a friend of mine. I was cleaning the cone and noticed that the tag was for a "Q2A" and the tag was stamped for 6 volts. I do not think I have ever heard of a 6 volt "Q." I attached a photo of the tag. Any info on the model or trying to install it in a 12-volt system would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 12

Wailer

Veteran Member
May 24, 2010
Canada
I'm in the process of restoring an old fire engine and picked up a "Q" from a friend of mine. I was cleaning the cone and noticed that the tag was for a "Q2A" and the tag was stamped for 6 volts. I do not think I have ever heard of a 6 volt "Q." I attached a photo of the tag. Any info on the model or trying to install it in a 12-volt system would be appreciated.
I think the Q2A has no brake. The Q series was introduced in the early 1950s, and I think there were still a lot of vehicles with 6 volt electrical systems around back then.

Staff online

Search for a Member

About us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! We strive to keep our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All actions and transactions within are secured by Sectigo SSL with high-strength encryption.