Federal Radian 42" light bar help needed.

jswwjw

Dec 10, 2010
Southern Indiana
Ok; I purchased a Federal Signal Radian 42" led (with halogen alleys and TD's) from a member on elightbars and went on line to get the installation guide.

Essentially (based on the documents) this bar should have 15 flash patterns (touching the black and white striped wire to power) and has three wires for three modes; red, red/white and orange/white. It has a yellow/white wire that seems to make it a warp speed pattern (to anything you have running) and then of course the standard RA, LA & TD wires. There is a whole bunch else but the IPB says they are for another model.

Sorry for the run-on. Here is my problem and request for assistance (before I call Fed Sig). If I apply one of the mode lights; red, red/white or orange/white I either get the front of the bar to work. If I then (separately) add one of the other wires I get the rear of the bar. If I add the black/white to it the bar only gives me 3 modes (the corder lights flash to tell you which mode it is in and all of them appear to be the same). I cannot get the front and the back of the bar to work at the same time. Any suggestions and again sorry for the run-on.

John :duh: :duh: :duh:

May 21, 2010
Berlin, MI, 48002
If it has a Signalmaster, only the rear corners (next to - but not in - each endcap) will come on with everything else.

If you tie the front/rear (power on) wires together, it all 'should' come on.

You should be able to get 15 or so patterns out of that bar. As far as wiring though, they're a pain in the ass.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.