Federal Signal Add-Ons

coopers

May 21, 2011
WA
Anyone else see this done? Seattle chose to add these blue LEDs for "cruise lights" rather than invest in smart siren or whatever to have cruise lights in the bar itself (sorry, I don't know FS at all, just Whelen).

Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 9.54.53 PM.png

Closer look.
Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 9.59.04 PM.png

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Why are both blue as it looks like they have r/b bars based on the close-up photo? Maybe somebody needed some busy work.
I'd guess because there are already plenty of red lights on cars as it is and another little steady burning red light isn't gonna get the point across to identify it. Kinda like the Washington DC Legends with a blue light mixed in with the red on the driver's side so their cruise lights were all blue.

NoVAFed

Dec 28, 2011
Earth, USA, Northern VA
I'd guess because there are already plenty of red lights on cars as it is and another little steady burning red light isn't gonna get the point across to identify it. Kinda like the Washington DC Legends with a blue light mixed in with the red on the driver's side so their cruise lights were all blue.
Yup, agree 100% with that. Never crossed my tiny little mind. Makes sense.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.