Federal Signal Aerodynic Model 25

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
So I've wanted a 25 since I knew what lightbars were, and here it is. I can't say I didn't spend an arm and a leg for it, but it showed up totally functional and just a bit dirty. I tore it down, cleaned it up, lubed the gears, gave the domes a bath, and put it back together. I managed to break an endcap because the gaskets got bunched up and jammed the whole dome in a weird way, so that's something I have to fix now. Even still, I'm glad I finally have one of these things. Here it is as it sits now; I changed the pattern to "alternating burst," which I think is easily the best pattern. It should be turning faster and shining brighter, but my power supply is only 30 amps, and these suckers pull a LOT of amps. Here's a video, because no post is complete without a video.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
The Model 25 (10 Rotator) is probably my favorite version of the Aerodynic.
Mostly because of the ability to switch up flash patterns across the whole bar.

Give those domes a polish, and if non halogen the correct bulbs should be GE 1195 38 watt bulbs.

Reactions: lotsofbars

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.