Federal Signal Arjent SL flash pattern

mgardner87

Jan 31, 2013
Fresno, Ca
I have a Arjent SL that I will be hooking up to a Fed Sig Touchmaster. My question is, since this is a legacy style bar, is there a way to hook it with the code 1 2 3 functions? Like Code 1 is the rear lights only, Code 2 would be steady front burn with the rear lights going, and code 3 would be all lights, flashing alley and takedowns? I know the Arjent S2 and Legend type bars with the Smart Sirens can do it with a computer program but i'm not familiar with this one.
Thank you!!

SEPD_52

Dec 24, 2014
Illinois
From the little experience I have with the Arjent SL bars ... I know they can have a flash pattern for the front of the bar which could be separate from a flash pattern for the rear of the bar and obviously a front/rear cut-off. Scrolling through the install guide, it looks like there are only two modes of operation for the front and rear of the lightbar. Have a look see: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...39.pdf&usg=AFQjCNGNPS7kR2pg-6jVau6fu80WpUfyog I hope that helps a little.

Straypuft

Nov 7, 2015
Akron Ohio
Speaking of the Arjent SL and flash patterns, Could it hurt to wire both sets of flash pattern wires into a single momentary switch for on the go pattern changing per mode? or would this cause an electrical short having 2 + and 2 - wires of the type touching each other at all times?

SEPD_52

Dec 24, 2014
Illinois
Speaking of the Arjent SL and flash patterns, Could it hurt to wire both sets of flash pattern wires into a single momentary switch for on the go pattern changing per mode? or would this cause an electrical short having 2 + and 2 - wires of the type touching each other at all times?

I don't think it would damage the electronics as long as you use a momentary switch, but I'm not a hundred percent positive on that. Any one else know if this would be possible?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.