Federal Signal Commander: Rebooted With 21st Century Tech

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
I debated with whether this should be posted in this thread or somewhere else. But the base and dome of this Commander series of 120v beacons is very traditional. It looks like the they just swapped out the internals with Solaris Rotators. These rotators are amazing. I had my doubts until spending a lot of time in NYC the last year and a half for work. Loads of Vision SLRs there. They are very bright.

Anyway, price tag for this LED Commander... $1000.

371LED_C_HRb.jpg

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
I personally think that they are ok, just too small of a reflector, why is it everything has to be so small. are they just trying to concentrate the light into a small beam or what.. esp for its size.

No, not like that one, with superfluous led heads, a real lightbar such as an aerodynic, jetstream or streethawk
Hey, don't forget the model 12 TwinSonic! Even the Navigator has cascade mirrors. And think of the options of the SLR rotator...no more white flash followed by red (or blue) cascade flash. Alternate colors with each revolution...yea, cool.
But the price tag is a bit hefty!

LRGJr72

May 29, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
Hey, don't forget the model 12 TwinSonic! Even the Navigator has cascade mirrors. And think of the options of the SLR rotator...no more white flash followed by red (or blue) cascade flash. Alternate colors with each revolution...yea, cool.
But the price tag is a bit hefty!

How much of a dork am I for having fantasized about a rebooted TwinSonic using SRL rotators with cascade mirrors for at least 5 years?

On that note I'm wondering if there will ever be larger versions of the SLR assembly.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
$1000 is way overpriced for such a beacon, at least in my opinion. As for the domes, they would be the same size as the large diameter Beacon Ray domes.

Reactions: kitn1mcc

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Be careful when buying the domes. They may come as an assembly, with the ring securely glued to the dome. Nearly impossible to separate w/o breaking the dome.
That's good to know. And leave it to FS to take something simple and make it expensive and complex. :rolleyes:

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
I have the Federal 312 Titan and it uses a Model 17 dome too. Haven't measured to see if it is the small or large diameter one.

DSC_0513 (Small).jpeg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.