Federal Signal Cuda Signal Master Wiring Diagram

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
Does anyone one have one? I have look at http://www.fedsig.com and couldn't find anything. I need to know what wire does what. My plan is to hook it up via my Whelen Cencom Gold and use 3 buttons for ---> <--- <--->. Is that going to be possible?

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
I do have the TA built in, but I do not have the wire harness. I was hoping that I could use a couple of empty buttons on the Cencom. I would just need 3 buttons. Am I still able to do this? Also the TA has 8 wires and one red wire. How can I test it?

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
Download the Cencom manual from Whelen and look at page 8 and specifically at the group of wires marked "Optional."

On the Cuda you should have one larger hot (+) wire and series of smaller wires which are all grounds (-). You'll put the large wire in pin 9 and then put the grounds in the respective holes. While it's cheesy, I didn't have the plug either. I just put male amp connectors on my grounds and pushed them deep into the plug and it worked.

To sort out the wires, you can hook the large wire to a (+) source and touch the ground to determine which is which.I have a six module TA and this is what I got:

1-Brown

2-Green

3-Orange

4-Purple

5-Grey

6-Yellow

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
All of the Whelen plugs are pretty standard off the shelf pieces. If you'd like a plug that fits, taking your Cencom to a good shop should allow them to find a male plug that matches.

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
Ok I did just like you said. Here is the problem now. It dones't turn on via the Cencom. I went into the cencom settings and changed it to 6 head TA LED. Here is something I found too. I have 2 extra wires on the TA. There are two; one white and one blue. What do they go to? I wish I could find an install manual for this TA. The one that was posted above was for a lightbar. If anyone has one or has installedon please let me know.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
hawkspringsfire said:
Ok I did just like you said. Here is the problem now. It dones't turn on via the Cencom. I went into the cencom settings and changed it to 6 head TA LED. Here is something I found too. I have 2 extra wires on the TA. There are two; one white and one blue. What do they go to? I wish I could find an install manual for this TA. The one that was posted above was for a lightbar. If anyone has one or has installedon please let me know.

If it's a 6 lamp arrow, the blue and white are wires for the 2 lights not there (aka, 8 lamp arrow).

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
Yeah it's a six head TA. That is kind of dumb to just leave 2 extra wires on the unit. That is why I usually buy Whelen products, they are easier to install. I will recheck everything today and see if I can find where I am going wrong. It still amazes me that I cannot find an install manual for it.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
They just use the same cable for everything, hence the extra wires in the 6 lamp.

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
Checked all my wiring. I will wait and buy a plug for the amp and that might be the problem. How would I for sure check and see if my Cencom has the TA feature? I mean I am 99% sure I do as it has the female spot on the amp for it, but just want to make sure.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Is that a 12 place plug? I have the other side of it if so. Couple bucks shipped.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA

John Hearne

May 27, 2010
Pontotoc County, MS
Have you checked the TA for function? The first thing I'd do is make sure the modules in the TA are good. Put the big wire to a (+) source and ground the others. If they modules work then you definitely have Cencom issues. Also, do you have the Cencom characterization done correctly? Six modules, LED, etc....

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
Yep checked all the LED heads when it first arrived. I have programmed the Cencom to 6 LED version. I have a Whelen TA amp plug on the way. My guess would be that the wire ends are not making contact in the amp. When the plug arrives I will hook everything up and see if that works. Should know in less than a week.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.