Federal Signal Electronic Siren Serial Numbers

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Well this is a cool supplement to dating Fed Sig electronic sirens! Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: southpaw

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
The PA20A series B (c. mid 1980s) and PA150 are missing from the list.
I seen that! Weird why they left those two out o_O.

Reactions: southpaw

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Opening an old thread. This list shows the PA20A series 2E first manufactured in 1970. Any idea when the end of the run was? I have a 2E with from Federal Signal, which would suggest a manufacture from 1976 to ?

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
I was the original poster on FB. I got this supplement with a bunch of vintage books recently.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Opening an old thread. This list shows the PA20A series 2E first manufactured in 1970. Any idea when the end of the run was? I have a 2E with from Federal Signal, which would suggest a manufacture from 1976 to ?
Here's what I've figured out so far:

Production of the 1E and 2E series may have begun in 1970, but there were also some PA15A series 1Ds and PA20A series 2Ds installed in emergency vehicles that were as new as the 1972 model year.

The PA15A was eventually replaced with the PA150, and production likely ended at the beginning of the 1980s. The last version of the PA20A is the PA20A series B, which was manufactured in the early to mid 1980s. Series B has an optional burglar alarm connection. The circuit board layout is different, but it has the same siren oscillator circuit as the series 2E.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.