Federal signal ford smart siren

medic550

May 24, 2010
pa usa
Looking for info on a federal made smart siren for ford crown Vic’s. Has a special ford plug on it and has a ford part number. 5W7J-70443-aa.

Tried calling federal and the guy I spoke with said he had nothing and passed me off to crown America which I can’t also find info.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this model? I appear to have a complete one with a small pigtail but don’t want to just start pumping 12 volts on wires.

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 21

medic550

May 24, 2010
pa usa
Well i got some info. Apparently the outputs for the lights on this are negative switch low current. Basically have to use a relay on each output to turn on a circuit.

Hence why there is no heavy positive input on these.

steven.heather8492

Oct 24, 2018
Moro, Arkansas
Well i got some info. Apparently the outputs for the lights on this are negative switch low current. Basically have to use a relay on each output to turn on a circuit.

Hence why there is no heavy positive input on these.
So you have to hook up a relay between the lights and control box. Do you have a whirring diagram

medic550

May 24, 2010
pa usa
It has to be a relay. I used a Lin3 which it was able to flash but when i switched to a double avenger it went bonkers.

Its a very low current to activate an external relay.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.