Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
POLICE” and “POLICIA” models
• (12) Blue LEDs or (6) Blue /(6) Red LEDs
• Text can be set to flash or “steady-burn”
• Provides high-visibility and temporary vehicle marking
• Slides over existing sun-visor and plugs into the cigarette plug
• Easy removal and storage
• Detachable adapter allows the user to disconnect the FSX visor from the cigarette plug when the sign is not in use
• Light output dimming control to avoid flashback
• UV stable and shatterproof
• No tools, brackets or sticking materials required
• Five-year warranty

Polic visor light.jpg FSX light.jpg Police Sign.jpg

ShadowSwipe

Mar 13, 2015
New Jersey
20 bucks?

Looks kind of ridiculous to me. Besides, if the police can buy this so can some random dude, so IMO defeats the purpose of identifying your most likely unmarked car as a police car. Just put normal lights on it like everyone else. I can't imagine what the scenario would be where you would want this on a marked car. What would the point be?

ShadowSwipe

Mar 13, 2015
New Jersey
States have different colors for police and fire/ambulance. This helps people from out of state know who to pull over for and who to move over for.

Yeah but why would you pull all the way over if the police/emergency vehicle doesn't trail behind you? If you get over and they pass you then thats it, no more to it. If you see emergency lights, you get over, if those emergency lights follow you over, you continue to get over until they pass or its a cop and they pull you over.

It just doesn't seem like a serious issue that requires further identifiers (and more money on random gadgets) for. If the police are that concerned they can just slap some stick-on letters on the hood or upper windshield for I would assume, a fraction of the cost. I'm sure people will know when they spotlight your car anyway.

It would only make sense if every police agency had them, which I doubt will ever happen, and you will still have unmarked, undercover, etc. Theres too much variations to the units in every different department for this to really be a reliable way to inform the public. It looks silly too IMO.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
be good for detectives with low profile setups...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.