Federal Signal Jetsonic JC-1 (and info needed)

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
I just picked up a CL bar titled "old clear lightbar". I went to get it and its a JC-1. What luck. Been wanting one for a while now. My question is, it has the front facing steady burn but its on the passenger side all the way to the end. Is that odd? I thought the steady was always on the driver side? Also, it has no rear flashers, was that an option? I thought all the JC1's had those..

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
Any pics?
Usually they were on both front end sides or just on driver side and takedown (or strobe)on pass.side.
Like i said try to upload some pics and we will see and checked.

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
Correction, it is a JS-1. Still, it has front steady on the passenger side. Still odd isnt it?
Huh that is a little difference,JS1 is basic
Jetsonic with long cut off mirrors on both sides of bar with synch.rot. and WITH STEOBES IN IT.you probably have strobe supply(j22) on one of side of bar with and 1 or 2 strobe on each end or bar on front side.maybe some other options too but JS is model with strobes and you can have model 1,2,3,....
i think i have same model just still not restored.must look in instruction manual of jet models to be specific.

Last edited:

empire5150

Aug 13, 2013
NH
No strobes I'm my JS1. No power supply and no strobe modules. Just 4 synchronized rotators, 2 alley lights, and 1 pass side front steady burn. I don't understand the front PASS side steady burn if it isn't cal spec.....

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
No strobes I'm my JS1. No power supply and no strobe modules. Just 4 synchronized rotators, 2 alley lights, and 1 pass side front steady burn. I don't understand the front PASS side steady burn if it isn't cal spec.....
No JS1 is not cal.model.
Yes maybe it has factory build inn TD light on pass.side i believe you or maybe someone change bulb from strobe to halogen and took out strobe supply or it just has wires ready to install strobe kit.
Will check on manual ok.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
There was several upgrade kits available for the JS-1 at that time.
It was only made about two years around 1983-1985.

You could remove any of the outboard mirrors and install a reflector to get steady burn, takedown light/s, flashing lights and strobe lights.
My guess is that it is a takedown light in your bar because of that it is steady burn and on the right side.

I bought a JS-1 new, about 1986 from Federal, that I have in my collection and it is as standard with red inserts to the left and blue inserts to the right plus amber outboard inserts to the rear.
A very advanced roof bar at the time.

Michael

Last edited:
Reactions: denko3

Jul 14, 2014
NV
Is the passenger side mirror the polished style or the frosted diffused style?
IIRC the diffused style was for CA spec or steady burn and the polished was for TD. Someone else may have more details...those are kinda fuzzy....

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
Yes
IIRC the diffused style was for CA spec or steady burn and the polished was for TD. Someone else may have more details...those are kinda fuzzy....
Yes
Yes i aggre mostly frosted reflector were used on CA special bars.

coop359

Apr 16, 2012
USA Tennessee
I have an old jet from an Illinois PD. It had out board front facing strobes. Had the U tube with only 2 wires. One broke on me. I removed the speaker grill and turned it around so I could use the rear flashers on my display. It had the rotators that would park and flash onto mirrors. Never a big fan of jets in halogen. Reflectors were small which diminished light output. The were aerodynamic. The PD that got rid of the jets went to C3 Force 4 LP with clear lenses and front facing strobes. The rotators were much brighter

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.