Federal Signal Model 14 Restoration and Rebuild

SaschaUE

Sep 25, 2010
Germany, Hamburg
fireball3 said:
how have you cleaned or polished the two supports of bulbs for the show as bright?

i grind it with sandpaper ( 2 times ) and polish it ( 2 times )

a lot of work...but now it looks better than new.

at this time i restore a CTS, a Streethawk All Light Lightbar and a mini Aerodynic.

i will upload pic´s if the work is done and i rebuild the lightbars

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
That is a really great job and looks better that new.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Very nice restoration, but I have one question. This is a series A3 1Z model 14. Federal used the #Z suffix to denote special order items. To me, this model 14 looks like a standard series A3 circa 1977-78. Why did Federal bless this one with a Z suffix?

SaschaUE

Sep 25, 2010
Germany, Hamburg
Skip Goulet said:
Nice job, Sascha. What are the two red single faced red lights that flank the 14 in the video?

no lable on the lights. and i sell the lights some moth ago.

PAR 36 red light was build in. one steady and one flash ( like the lights in emergeny squad 10 )

SaschaUE

Sep 25, 2010
Germany, Hamburg
stansdds said:
Very nice restoration, but I have one question. This is a series A3 1Z model 14. Federal used the #Z suffix to denote special order items. To me, this model 14 looks like a standard series A3 circa 1977-78. Why did Federal bless this one with a Z suffix?

yes the light looks like a normal model 14.

but i only have one model 14. so i can´t tell the differend to another lights.

maybe Eric knows why Federal used the Z on the TAG.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.