Federal Signal Premium Vision SL - Pods 5, 6, and 7 no light

Sonador

May 24, 2019
US
Hey all,

I've got an FS Premium Vision SL halogen lightbar with matched controller and amplifier. It's been working ace for quite some time, but last night, I lost light on pods 5, 6, and 7. See below for clarification. The mirrors still rotate and orient properly, when in positions the flash patterns they make are correct and aligned, but the bulbs will not come on. Checked the boards in the lightbar for loose connections, all are snug, pod wiring is secure, and replaced all three bulbs to no avail. Have a new bar mainboard on order as well as a full parts bar and amplifier (I'm upgrading the signalmaster to LED and trading out some tired pods), would appreciate if anyone has a recommendation on where to start looking.

(Not my bar, obviously, but an indicator as to which pods have no light, if anyone happens to know the wiring and circuit function of one of these well) Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Sonador

May 24, 2019
US
Hey, I solved this issue on my own, but for those googling this later on (if there are any):

- Check both fuses on the relay board. One of mine was blown.
- I also blew a MOSFET, which in turn blew a fuse. The bulb on pod 6 is now on whenever there's power to the bar, so that'll need replacing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arnold gonzalez

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.