Federal Signal Sentry Magnetic Plug

I've decided I want a Federal Signal Sentry for my vehicle light. I haven't been able to find the magnetic mount 175FPM model in blue that is wired for a cigarette plug, but I found a new one with permanent mount on clearance from a vendor that has a direct wire. I found a second one for parts cheap on E-bay. All I need now in a cigarette plug to install. There is a magnetic mount kit for the light, including a cigarette plug to switch out with the permenant wire, but I can't find it online.

Can someone point me in the direction of a cigarette plug wire that has the connections needed to switch out with the direct wire?

OP
OP
C
Turns out I bought the wrong light for parts.

The light I want to use has eyelets attached to a riveted connection, and ending in plugs, and I want to install a cigarette plug. Does anyone know a good source for an approximate 8 foot curly 12v cord with cigarette plug. If pictures would help please let me know.

OP
OP
C
How difficult is it to remove the rivet the cord eyelets lead into? Or is it worth just finding the right electrical connection?

I was going to pull the magnet from the parts Sentry I ordered. I'm afraid the magnet won't be strong enough for my purposes. Is there a standard strength for rooflight magnets so I know what benchmark Ill need to exceed?

TDC

Platinum Supporter
Finditparts.com ... search for federal signal magnet

Several kits there ... if not for that unit than at least similar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
L_Btrain
Top Bottom