Federal Signal SS2000SM Variation Help

Pakowski

Jul 14, 2021
Australia
Hello all,

So I have two SS2000SM models, but I cannot work out of there is a difference between the two:

SS2000-OHP2-D

and

SS2000SM-OSHP

Physically, both amps are nearly identical, but one doesnt have the two Thermalloy heads on the front face.

Just wondering if anyone could help me identify any differences in the two models?

Thanks.

brbee

Oct 2, 2021
Ohio
Hello all,

So I have two SS2000SM models, but I cannot work out of there is a difference between the two:

SS2000-OHP2-D

and

SS2000SM-OSHP

Physically, both amps are nearly identical, but one doesnt have the two Thermalloy heads on the front face.

Just wondering if anyone could help me identify any differences in the two models?

Thanks.
Do you have pictures of it?

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
They’re both Ohio state patrol variations but I haven’t played with either to know the difference between those and a regular ss2000sm. Likely some special firmware for OHP.

Reactions: Dave F

brbee

Oct 2, 2021
Ohio
They’re both Ohio state patrol variations but I haven’t played with either to know the difference between those and a regular ss2000sm. Likely some special firmware for OHP.
The SS2000 is kinda like a smaller version. They prolly started to use it because they had no use for the two extra ones on the top.

brbee

Oct 2, 2021
Ohio
The SS2000 is kinda like a smaller version. They prolly started to use it because they had no use for the two extra ones on the top.
Cause from what I remember from when I messed with the two, theres no real difference between the two, but they don’t have like a LRCO button. There’s a left and right and when both are pressed it goes center out. And HiLo but that’s normal.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.