Federal Signal TouchMaster Delta SW1-SW6(RLS) does not work properly

reduiyong

Feb 25, 2022
Essex
Hi guys! Just bought a looks new FS TMD on ebay; I wired everything up, including the access wire, the ignition wire, the siren wire and the W.LTS to the positive 12v; however, whenever I hook up all four postive wires, the sw1-6(except SW5) are automatically powered up, and I can hear the relay working for them; at this stage, all these 6 switches are dead, so no matter how I press them, they will always remain on for SW1-4 and 6(rls), and the SW5 is always off no matter if I press it.

When I disconnect every wires, but only connect siren wire, it becomes more interesting... So, without other postive wires connected, the SW1-6 remain off as they are supposed to be when i connect only the siren wire to positve. Then, when I press any of the six switches, different effect will happen when I press different bottons; for example when I press SW1 then all bottons will illustrarte different colors including red, orange and green... and When I press sw5, then some other sw bottons are red but the other one or two bottons does illustrate any colour at all...

Anyone knows how I could fix this problem please? Or is there anything that I had done wrong in terms of wiring?

reduiyong

Feb 25, 2022
Essex
update:I found the problem maybe due to the RLS setting and the ignition wire; I tried to adjust the jumper for SW6(RLS), and different button was powered when I change the jumper. Still does not solve the problem though. Anyone has the same or similar problem? And what does the jumper actually do for SW6 on the top relay board (not the momentary or latching jumper)? The manual from FS is really simple and perhaps too simple...

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
what does the jumper actually do for SW6 on the top relay board (not the momentary or latching jumper)?

Page 7 of the PDF version of the manual mentions the purpose of that jumper as controlling whether this switch is ignition-powered, or battery-powered:

NDgRClD.jpg

reduiyong

Feb 25, 2022
Essex
Page 7 of the PDF version of the manual mentions the purpose of that jumper as controlling whether this switch is ignition-powered, or battery-powered:

NDgRClD.jpg
Thanks for reply! Yes I noticed that, however mine seems broken or something, the only time that the RLS actually works is to set jumper position to battery setting; when I connect the ignition wire to postive 12v, all SW1-6 becomes activated and I cannot turn any of them off unless disconnect the ignition wire; this problem occurs no matter of the jumper position; which leaves me wonder if my TMD is actually broken... I really love the TMD series, and this one I got looks brand new with all original accessories, its just to bad if the SW1-6 does not work properly. Hopefully someone could give me any insights on how to fix this problem...

reduiyong

Feb 25, 2022
Essex
I just filmed this new video, I presume its the problem of ignition wire circuit and/or the whole control circuit of accessories swictches. Any one could give me any advice on how I could fix this problem please, many thanks!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.