For Sale Federal Signal Touchmaster Deltas

Status
Not open for further replies.

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
Some of you knew this was coming! I am going to start selling the TMs I wound up with, starting with a handful of Deltas.

These are used and as such they are far from perfect physically. Some may have slightly bent sliders, scratches on the housings, etc., but nothing that will affect performance. They might be a bit dirty, but I will do my best to clean the faces and controls to an acceptable level. They will all come with knobs and mounting bolts.

I have tested this first batch and will test each one again before shipping, and I guarantee them not to be DOA. All switches and outputs work, as well as the tones. Switch illumination and indicators all work.

I am currently offering this first batch of 5 for sale at $60 each plus shipping. I don't have enough microphones for every siren, so they are $10 extra.

I will be selling defective units in small lots in the near future if you are looking for parts or repairable units.

I accept PayPal, Venmo, and Cash App.

20220314_134558.jpg

stevejester5150

May 20, 2010
Texas
Some of you knew this was coming! I am going to start selling the TMs I wound up with, starting with a handful of Deltas.

These are used and as such they are far from perfect physically. Some may have slightly bent sliders, scratches on the housings, etc., but nothing that will affect performance. They might be a bit dirty, but I will do my best to clean the faces and controls to an acceptable level. They will all come with knobs and mounting bolts.

I have tested this first batch and will test each one again before shipping, and I guarantee them not to be DOA. All switches and outputs work, as well as the tones. Switch illumination and indicators all work.

I am currently offering this first batch of 5 for sale at $60 each plus shipping. I don't have enough microphones for every siren, so they are $10 extra.

I will be selling defective units in small lots in the near future if you are looking for parts or repairable units.

I accept PayPal, Venmo, and Cash App.

View attachment 235573
Any of these left?

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
My apologies to everyone for being MIA. I had a family tragedy last month that's grown into a full scale disaster, and every waking moment of the last few weeks has been sucked away from me dealing with that. Right or wrong, you have to take care if your own, I guess.

Anyway, I am back, and I should have increasingly more time over the next few days to get these sirens organized, tested, and shipped if any of you are still interested.

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Dave, I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. Just hit me up at your convenience. No rush at all brother.

wcso_221

Jul 29, 2018
Jesup, Ga
Hello, I’m a deputy in Ga and have used the Touchmaster Delta for the past couple of years thanks to my dad.

We just purchased x4 Tahoe’s and everyone has been asking me to get some for the new vehicles because they love mine so much.

Do you happen to have four available?

Reactions: ur20v

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
Hi guys, sorry for the delay. I will set up my test bench again and get a bunch more of these tested and ready to ship this weekend. I should have them ready on Sunday, since it will be unbearably hot outside and I can sit on my butt in the ac all weekend playing with sirens...

Reactions: Dave F

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
Between last night and this afternoon, I was able to get 8 Deltas tested and cleaned up.
20220724_150817.jpg

After my initial assessment, I spend about an hour or more on each unit, testing and cleaning. At $60 apiece, I am not getting rich selling these. But you can be sure I'm not just throwing some unknown condition p.o.s. in a box and mailing it out. I don't operate like that.

Please keep in mind these are used units. The cases might/will have scratches, nicks, and traces of adhesive residue from labels or tape, etc., even though I cleaned them pretty thoroughly.

Years of greasy drive-thru burgers and fries, sweat, shame, nicotine, barbecue sauce from the fire department's chicken dinner fundraisers, and god knows whatever else ends up on a cop's fingers have taken their toll on the paint lines on the knobs. I use a very mild Dawn dish soap solution which gets them clean, but the crud often takes the paint with it. Some lines are still visible, some aren't. You can easily add your own if you so desire, I'm just not talented or steady-handed enough. Trust me - if I had attempted to add the lines, you'd think Michael J. Fox painted them on.

The backlight bulbs are almost all burned out. That's just a thing with these units. The bulbs are so incredibly tiny and quick to burn out, it's just not feasible to replace them. For me, at least. So I would suggest not even hooking up the screw terminal, it's a waste of time.

Normally I wouldn't offer any kind of guarantee for a used item like this, but I'm going to make an exception for these. This isn't a money back guarantee - if you experience a failure within the first 30 days after receiving the siren, ship it back to me and I will send you a fully tested and cleaned unit to replace it. I will even honor the remainder of your original warranty (if theres any left) for the replacement. So if after a week you lose the siren or the takedowns, and you ship it to me on day 10, your new unit will have 20 days of warranty once you receive it. There's no new 30 day warranty. I gotta draw the line somewhere.

I trust you know what you are doing or the person you have install the siren does. If you drop it on the concrete from 4 feet up, or manage to fry the thing because you hooked it up wrong, that's on you. Installation is pretty self-explanatory, but the manual is available in pdf form on teh interwebz. When in doubt, RTFM.

A few other things I won't cover:

Knobs - if they become loose, adjust them to your liking and tighten the set screw. If you lose one, better get a flashlight. If the switch/pot comes loose from the faceplate, remove the knob and tighten the nut with a 5/16 socket CAREFULLY! If you strip the switch/pot or nut, or you lose the nut, that's on you.

Slider arms - the arms are malleable, they bend. This is by design. If you jack it up, you can easily put it back into a usable shape. The aluminum knob uses a set screw to secure it to the arm. I tightened them when I reinstalled the knobs after cleaning and straightening the arms. Now, if the actual switch portion of the slider fails, I will replace the unit.

Backlights - see my comment about them above. This doesn't include the green/red lighting of the pushbuttons - if that happens to fail, I'll replace it.

Modifications or alterations - it should go without saying, but if you do anything inside the unit beside change the fuse, the warranty is void. Same if you give it to someone else to fix but they can't.

Accidental damage - if you look up from your iphone and suddenly slam on the brakes to avoid running your 85 year old neighbor over on the sidewalk and your Sonic Route 44 Ocean Water drenches the siren and lets all the factory smoke out, I can't help you - unless you want to order another one...

Reactions: Dave F

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
These are a great deal. I love how you are standing behind your work in a reasonable manner. But the list of "not covered stuff" hit a little close to home, it reads like a list of how I have ruined sirens....

Knobs - if they become loose, adjust them to your liking and tighten the set screw. If you lose one, better get a flashlight. -They usually end up under the track of the seat. Then I steal one from another siren and drop it too.

If the switch/pot comes loose from the faceplate, remove the knob and tighten the nut with a 5/16 socket CAREFULLY! If you strip the switch/pot or nut, or you lose the nut, that's on you. -Don't even use a ratchet on the socket, just turn it by hand.

Backlights - What backlights? Sirens have backlights? ;)

Accidental damage - if you look up from your iphone and suddenly slam on the brakes to avoid running your 85 year old neighbor over on the sidewalk and your Sonic Route 44 Ocean Water drenches the siren and lets all the factory smoke out, I can't help you - unless you want to order another one... I swear I haven't let the smoke out of anything this way.... but, For $65 ordering another one is worth not telling anyone what you did.

Seriously
, these are a great deal.

• Haha
Reactions: Dave F and ur20v

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
So after selling six Deltas on ebay, I got this message this afternoon:

Screenshot_20220810-141237_eBay.jpg

Apparently there's a guy in Florida selling a couple of junky Deltas for a lot more than I had mine listed for, and wasn't happy about the messages he was getting from other eBay users pointing out my price. I don't know why some people feel like starting trouble... let me sell out of mine, and after that you can ask whatever ridiculous price you want for your filthy siren.

• Haha
Reactions: tsquale

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
So after selling six Deltas on ebay, I got this message this afternoon:

View attachment 238212

Apparently there's a guy in Florida selling a couple of junky Deltas for a lot more than I had mine listed for, and wasn't happy about the messages he was getting from other eBay users pointing out my price. I don't know why some people feel like starting trouble... let me sell out of mine, and after that you can ask whatever ridiculous price you want for your filthy siren.

Oh eBay....where the seller is always wrong and the competition determines what is a prohibited item.

Reactions: ur20v

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
The first batch of Deltas at $60 apiece is gone, and unfortunately I have to sell the rest at $70 each to cover shipping and material costs and still have a little something left over to make it worth my time. But I'm still standing behind them with a 30 day replacement guarantee. And $70 is still cheaper than the $85 I was selling them for on fleabay at a decent clip before they pulled the plug on me. I've got a bunch of these waiting for new homes, so don't be shy.

I'm going on vacation next week (8/30) and will be away until 9/12. If you'd like a Delta, order now so I can get it shipped out Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.