federal signal vector bar help

dirtracer7207

Apr 19, 2012
Tonopah, nevada
so I have a federal signal vector bar that's having some issues. its a vector that has the two smart pods as takedowns and alleys. so when I turn it on rear flash the two smart pods oscallate to the rear. when I turn the bar off one of the smart pods on the driver side stays on, the light stays on and it still oscallates. not supposed to do that. how can I fix this. after I turn the lights off and the one flashes by its self if I turn takedowns on it will face front like its supposed to but once I turn the takedowns off that same one goes back to flashing in the rear all by its self. please help with this issue/

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Reactions: JazzDad

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
He'd tell us, but then have to kill us. All of us. It could be tedious.

dirtracer7207

Apr 19, 2012
Tonopah, nevada
hahah....no I would not kill you guys then next time I have a problem no one would help...

so on the board there are the dip switches that change what the smart pods do. on B side the last two switches are for the td/ work light switch and the last one well is says 1/2, no clue what that means, but anyways I had the 1/2 switch to on. so I am thinking there is other wire in there that when supplied with power you could only activate one rear flashing light, which I guess would be cool on some situation where you did not need a lot of lighting. I am not a fan of the vector bars at all. but sheriff loves them so I have to deal with it lol...

Reactions: JohnMarcson

PTRJason

Jul 25, 2010
Silverpeak, NV
Stop messing with your stuff and you wont have issues. But then I cant talk, I just changed all my patterns today on my bar.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
hahah....no I would not kill you guys then next time I have a problem no one would help...

so on the board there are the dip switches that change what the smart pods do. on B side the last two switches are for the td/ work light switch and the last one well is says 1/2, no clue what that means, but anyways I had the 1/2 switch to on. so I am thinking there is other wire in there that when supplied with power you could only activate one rear flashing light, which I guess would be cool on some situation where you did not need a lot of lighting. I am not a fan of the vector bars at all. but sheriff loves them so I have to deal with it lol...

If I remember that option is just to control the pod on it's own. It's not the first time that has been reported here either.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.