Federal Signal Vision SL

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Did the siren come with the light bar? Did you get a speaker too?

deelony

May 23, 2010
LINY
Siren works just didnt video it. has the same tones as a halogen vision/ smart siren

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Not gonna say it isn't awesome, but I've always thought the Vison SL's are total wastes of space. There just aren't enough light heads pointing in any one direction to make it look like anything more than a bright flicker. The rotating pods far outshine the rest of the bar. I'm glad that the NYPD is phasing them out, as they've never done a good job at looking like anything but a red light that sometimes flickers.

denko3

Jul 31, 2010
SLOVENIA,EUROPE
the best bars which nypd used are aerotwin,vector and smart vector and vision bars.

my apinion.

and yes vision SL and vector SL not so perfectly upgraded to serve completly.

deelony

May 23, 2010
LINY
it might work actually being that the patterns are in the bar and not in the brain. I tried a older control head from the early 90's and it ran it fine i just have to check a halogen brain with it.

the bar does operate with a paired  halogen amp and controller. however my nypd halogen amp wont operate the bar. also the slideswitch one pattern wont work with halogen amp but two and three work

Last edited by a moderator:

Rusted413

May 25, 2010
Blacksburg, VA
Not gonna say it isn't awesome, but I've always thought the Vison SL's are total wastes of space. There just aren't enough light heads pointing in any one direction to make it look like anything more than a bright flicker. The rotating pods far outshine the rest of the bar. I'm glad that the NYPD is phasing them out, as they've never done a good job at looking like anything but a red light that sometimes flickers.
Totally agree. I'd love to see a diagram as to how each of those pods are set up with the various pods and what direction they are facing - I could never figure it out. 

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.