Federal Signal Vision SLR pinout

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I know this will be a long shot... But does anyone know the pinout for one of these? This is a RWBA model and I don't want to fry it. I assume there has to be a way to power it sans lightbar and serial interface.

Anyone?

15099511694081124171779.jpg 150995118456495722685.jpg

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
You grabbed that off ebay? I was considering it until I found out it's a replacement for a full size bar.

If no one here can assist fedsig should give you the wiring pinout if you call them.

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Sadly i bought the other one. I believe we need a control board. Maybe one from a 3 pod will work i dont know. If anyone wants one... $250 shipped

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Yep, grabbed it off flea bay. I emailed Fed Sig last week and haven't heard anything back. I'm happy the seller took my low ball offer... It will be some expensive shelf candy if I can't get it going

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
I have a fed sig slr371 commander light. Wonder if i can “massage” these two together.

Reactions: tsquale

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Like the original Vision, the Vision SLR must use stepper motors. This implies a requirement for centralized circuitry acting as a motor controller.

Getting this working won't be as simple as where to connect power and ground. However, with a little more information, it would probably be relatively easy to build a rudimentary motor controller around something as basic as a 555 timer.

Reactions: code352

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Like the original Vision, the Vision SLR must use stepper motors. This implies a requirement for centralized circuitry acting as a motor controller.

Getting this working won't be as simple as where to connect power and ground. However, with a little more information, it would probably be relatively easy to build a rudimentary motor controller around something as basic as a 555 timer.

That is above my current knowledge and skill set

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
If all you want is to switch independent color control, and not to have it stop or jog or do tricks, then there should be a way. FedSig had those dealer demo beacon models and as far as I know they did not run through a regular controller.

Menachem S

May 1, 2017
Brooklyn
Do any of you guys know if there's any way to hook up a federal signal slr pod to power with out connecting it to a light bar I have a spare pod and I'm trying to use it as a beacon light

thanks in advance

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.