federal smart siren 2013 ford utility

bigmike0285

Jan 18, 2015
Sacramento california
Hello all,
I am currently working on a 2013 ford interceptor utility and am attempting to install a federal signal smart siren ss2000sm. What I am trying to do is get it to turn on then I turn the vehicle on, this is my first time working on this vehicle, so sorry if this seems like a dumb question.

thanks,
Big Mike

GLUpfitting

Feb 22, 2019
Michigan
Big Mike,
No question is a dumb question! :) Take the RED wire off PIN6 on the 12-pin connector. Wire to a run/start lead capable of supplying 20 amps (PIN 7 or 14) off the 14-pin upfitter harness in the console.

If you need further info let me know and I can send you the full Installation Manual in PDF.

Thank you,
Ken, EVT-C
Great Lakes Upfitting
www.greatlakesupfitting.com

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.