Federal Smart Vector

wdhurley

May 21, 2010
Lexington, SC
I just bought a Federal Smart Vector.... well vector with two smart pods.. on ebay for 60 bucks. i think i got a heck of a deal. anyways, I bought it to hang on my wall in my garage with my other memorabilia, but I am kinda tepted to put it on my truck since we now are required to run lightbars and not slick top... (stupid, I know)

Anyways.... How do you control the smart pods? I oviously havent gotten it and am dying to play with it. I have a Whelen 295SLSA6 in my truck. I just want to make sure the controls for the smart pods are 12+ and not something else. Anyone have any experience?

zack A

May 24, 2010
NC
If it is a "Smart Vector" you can use a regular switch box. Just set the smart pods to what you want and go. If it ends up being a vision (all smart pods) then you need a vision control box. Other wise your good to go

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I have the sheets to tell ya what dip switches will do what and what wires do what. Get me your email addres and I will send a PDF file to ya

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
If you're clever, wire "B" to your rotators so you can get 3 levels of lighting out of your pods. I usually wire them to oscillate to the rear, rotate, then oscillate front.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
EVModules said:
If you're clever, wire "B" to your rotators so you can get 3 levels of lighting out of your pods. I usually wire them to oscillate to the rear, rotate, then oscillate front.

Local PD had these for years... they were setup like this

1-Rear flash

2-360 rotate

3-Intersection or front oscillate

The other outside pods were various speed rotators and the center pod was a clear tcl.

It was actually a pretty cool setup in it's day.

wdhurley

May 21, 2010
Lexington, SC
Just got it last night. PLayed with it for a minute... Got the basic rotators to turn with the red wire, can't get anything else by adding + to the other wires... am i missing something?

cory y

May 21, 2010
if you are going to use the TD and Alley functions and want to be able to aim them, remember to program 2 of the switches on the 295slsA6 to momentary only. for jog left and jog right

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
wdhurley said:
I finally found the manual online. For whatever reason the dumb rotators power without ignition.. haven't tried with ignition yet.

Instructions are your friend. Take the time to read them closely. The ignition is for the smart pods only.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.