For Sale FederalSignal Model 174 Super Beacon

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagraves26

Jun 2, 2015
Richmond ky. 40475
Hello, I am Jim Dent,
I have for sale a very nice Federal Model 174 Super Beacon light. This is a four beam "oscillating" rocker type beacon light, not a four beam "revolving" beacon light. It was made famous when it was picked and used to open the original "Hawaii Five O" television series back in the seventies.
I have owned the beacon for about one year. I have used it once to attract potential customers to my table at the Jackson, Michigan fire equipment swap meet.
It works flawlessly. It has four heavy duty magnets mounted on the bottom panel for temporary positioning. It has a new, heavy duty, black vinyl zip cord type electrical line cord. The cord is approximately ten feet long and has a cigarette lighter plug mounted on the end with a conveniently placed on-off switch.
It comes with a brand new mounted blue dome and an extra used but serviceable red dome.
I am asking $800. plus UPS packing, shipping and insuring charges. It will come internally packed and shipped in a hard plastic five gallon Lowes bucket as well. Everything will weigh approximately fifteen pounds before final UPS packing. My zip code is 40475 in central Kentucky to help you figure a final delivery cost to your location.
The only item I would consider as a trade in item on the beacon would be a Federal PA20a series e electronic siren unit in excellent physical and operating condition with it's original rear plugs.
I can be directly contacted at seagraves26@aol.com or at 859 575.4444. Thank you for looking at my ad. Jim

Attachments

• IMG_1181.JPG
    IMG_1181.JPG
    217.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1184.JPG
    IMG_1184.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1185.JPG
    IMG_1185.JPG
    222.9 KB · Views: 103

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
While I think you have it waaay overpriced, they are very nice beacons. I have a red one on my 1966 Olds ambulance. Just curious to know if you bought it with the magnets and plug or did you do that yourself? For many years you never saw full-sized beacons made portable like that: but SVP started doing so several years ago and then Federal started offering the Model 14 with a magnetic base as the 14M, and I have a pair of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.