FedSig ILS Firmware Update? Retired MHP ILS System

TacoMonster

Jul 1, 2010
Texas
I have a used FedSig ILSFDS apparently retired from highway patrol service. The board has a sticker that reads MHP.HEX which I assume is custom firmware. The available flash patterns are very limited (when selecting patterns in Convergence, only a select few work, the others leave the ILS dark).

Are there any dealers / experts here that I could ship this off to to update the firmware to a fully functional version, or am I calling FedSig?

Thanks!

TacoMonster

Jul 1, 2010
Texas
I have a used FedSig ILSFDS apparently retired from highway patrol service. The board has a sticker that reads MHP.HEX which I assume is custom firmware. The available flash patterns are very limited (when selecting patterns in Convergence, only a select few work, the others leave the ILS dark).

Are there any dealers / experts here that I could ship this off to to update the firmware to a fully functional version, or am I calling FedSig?

Thanks!

Missed the edit window... just adding - the traffic adviser and "warn" functions are fully functional but the only enabled flash patterns are patterns 10,17,22 and 26 ... none of which I'm a big fan of.

TacoMonster

Jul 1, 2010
Texas
Update: called Federal Signal and told them I bought a surplus unit that had all but 4 flash patterns locked out or de-programmed. Tech support verified the model number and confirmed it can be re-flashed to the standard array of flash patterns ... and they'd do it for free ... I got an RMA and shipped it to them today. Will update in a week or two once it gets sent back.

I have to say, I've bought used equipment from a few manufacturers to save some dollars for both myself and some friends I've installed for, but FedSig's service has been second to none!

Reactions: SEPD_52 and Tony P

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.