Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
It's a toaster.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
7d9_z28 said:
It's a toaster.

The add says 'illuminating innovation'. That can only mean it is a toaster with multi color LED lighting, streamlined an 8th of an inch thicker than a slice of bread.

CodeMan

Dec 27, 2012
Central Florida
HILO said:
The add says 'illuminating innovation'. That can only mean it is a toaster with multi color LED lighting, streamlined an 8th of an inch thicker than a slice of bread.

ROFL...... Yeah what he said..... :haha:

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
JazzDad has finally made the big leagues. Must be they told him it had to have FS logo not JDI. :dielaugh:

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Based on the ad, my guess is it'll be scene lighting to compete with the Whelen Pioneer series.

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Laser light bars?

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Travelin Man said:
Federal Signal hasn't owned Bronto for about three years. Bronto is now a Pierce product. FS also owned E-One for a few years and nearly ran E-One into the ground.

Pierce is a division of Oshkosh trucks and there is no mention of Bronto Skylift being owned by Oshkosh.

Oshkosh Corporation - Our Leading Brands

Per Pierce web page, they are a supplier/distributor of Bronto Skylift in North America.

Aerial Ladder Trucks: Ladders, Platforms, Water Towers, Tillers

"Pierce is proud to be the exclusive North American supplier of Bronto Skylift Rescue Ladder Platforms."

EDIT: As per the company profile, Bronto Skylif is still part of Federal Signal Corporation.

Bronto Skylift

Last edited by a moderator:

Travelin Man

Jul 9, 2010
Central Virginia
K9Vic said:
Pierce is a division of Oshkosh trucks and there is no mention of Bronto Skylift being owned by Oshkosh.
Oshkosh Corporation - Our Leading Brands

You're 100% correct - stating that they were "owned" by Pierce was incorrect on my part. Pierce is the exclusive distributor of the Bronto product in the US, like E-One was for many years. Few people realize that the first Bronto's were actually on the Pierce platform as well before Bronto went exclusive with E-One.

And yes, Pierce has been owned by Oshkosh for many years - about the same time that many in the industry would argue that Pierce's focus became revenue over the quality assurance process.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
nerdly_dood said:
Based on the ad, my guess is it'll be scene lighting to compete with the Whelen Pioneer series.

Nope, not a scene light. FedSig has a reseller agreement with FRC now and is selling that under their "Commander" line.

You'll like the new widget though. I was pretty impressed when I got a sneak preview last week. It's safe to say it's never before been done in the industry.

bluestinger90

Jun 5, 2010
BC / California
leftcoastmark said:
Nope, not a scene light. FedSig has a reseller agreement with FRC now and is selling that under their "Commander" line.

You'll like the new widget though. I was pretty impressed when I got a sneak preview last week. It's safe to say it's never before been done in the industry.

Then what? Why is the source of light so high up in the air? Is it a remote control fire fighting done? That shoots lasers, and lens flares? :D

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
bluestinger90 said:
Then what? Why is the source of light so high up in the air? Is it a remote control fire fighting done? That shoots lasers, and lens flares? :D

Don't read too much into the graphic at the top of the page. The light placement in the image has nothing to do with the product. I wish I could tell you more but I can't (can't, not won't).

I can say that there have been one or two guesses on the posts above that are pretty close, and it has nothing to do with a toaster. :undecided:

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
leftcoastmark said:
Don't read too much into the graphic at the top of the page. The light placement in the image has nothing to do with the product. I wish I could tell you more but I can't (can't, not won't).

I can say that there have been one or two guesses on the posts above that are pretty close, and it has nothing to do with a toaster. :undecided:

Are you sure? Maybe you didn't get as good a look as you think you did... :undecided:

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I bet it is some type of visual and/or audible warning/safety device.

Sorry guys, I win the prize.

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
leftcoastmark said:

Can it be?!? They're really coming out with a linear bar stuffed with SLR rotators?!? The StreetHawk SLR! IT LIVES!

Going along with the speculation made in the closed thread, I'm wondering if FedSig is actually doing a full-sized Escape lightbar stuffed with QuadraFlare modules, like the ones tested for the FDNY a few years ago. That'd be a good alternative for those who aren't comfortable with the ROC technology.

Mark, didn't you say something recently about the Vision SLR (at least the split version)?

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
bluestinger90 said:
It's a lightbar that can toast bread. Who needs a license plate reader, when you can have freshly toasted bread.

All anyone needs to do that is just get a Model 17 with a glass dome that won't melt with the 100-watt bulbs you'll put in it, because melted plastic is kinda yucky on toast.

...Problem is, the 17 has been discontinued for a while so yeah, they do need a new toaster.

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
Kevin K. said:
Can it be?!? They're really coming out with a linear bar stuffed with SLR rotators?!? The StreetHawk SLR! IT LIVES!

Going along with the speculation made in the closed thread, I'm wondering if FedSig is actually doing a full-sized Escape lightbar stuffed with QuadraFlare modules, like the ones tested for the FDNY a few years ago. That'd be a good alternative for those who aren't comfortable with the ROC technology.

Mark, didn't you say something recently about the Vision SLR (at least the split version)?

Streethawk SLR? Ha! That'd be cute, but nope.

FS already has a split VSLR bar out in a few different models. As to the new product, it's fun watching the guessing but I can't say any more quite yet, sorry.

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
laserdynic!!!!

Kevin K.

May 23, 2010
Northampton County, PA, USA
leftcoastmark said:
I think he meant a linear bar with SLR Rotators on it. No, nothing for that. There are going to be some changes in the split "V" bars but it's a few months away. More on that later.

You're not going to get off that easily, sir! You made this post on 17 January 2014, which is why I inquired about the split "V" bars in this thread. The speculation is half the fun, and I'm enjoying this quite thoroughly. As far as existing technology, the SLRs are vastly underutilized, and its limitation to the expensive Vision SLR is eliminating a large segment of the market for FedSig (just my humble opinion). I believe Federal's rotating LED technology is far superior to Whelen's version. Solid-state LED rotators are just not the same.

I believe I may have mentioned this previously; FedSig has one existing lightbar chassis that can nicely incorporate SLR technology, and that's the TurboBeam. Obviously, the AeroDynic can do it as well, but it has TOO much room. The Jet chassis is a tad too small. Naturally, it'd be nice to have a new linear dual-level chassis with SLRs on the upper level and the IMPAXX modules in the lower section.

Is it the 10th yet?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Are they gonna go the code 3 route and bring back the jet sonic but let it sit in front of a blow dryer for a few hours to melt down the speaker housing enough to make it look like an alien ship?

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
JDI will be at FDIC with toast. We will offer it plain or buttered.

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Maybe it's my single programmable slr beacon dream.

Or a bacon warmer. With warming lights.

Skip Goulet

Feb 23, 2011
Midland, TX
HILO said:

You almost took the words out of my mouth. I was gonna say "A toaster with alternating red and blue LEDS"! :p

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.