FedSig Vision SLR now on FS configurator

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
http://www.fedsig.com/products/config/

It appears that the base price of the bar ($3995) comes with your choice of single-colour pods included in that price. If you want a quad-colour pod (you can get pods only in single or quad colour) it's a $275/pod upcharge.

Other options are "hotfoot" LED takedowns and alleys, as well as a "V Controller" I have no idea what that is.

There are still some flaky issues with a couple of the configurator functions but they'll get them ironed out soon.

Enjoy.

Paramedic

Oct 15, 2010
CAN
Great. Now I have to choose between a fully decked WeCan Liberty and this to put on a paramedic supervisor 2011 Charger. Tough choices. Does that bar have to be used with a specific controller ?

And I'd really like to see the installation manual.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I setup a fully loaded bar for $6770....

Sigma Safety

May 21, 2010
western Canada
Paramedic said:
Great. Now I have to choose between a fully decked WeCan Liberty and this to put on a paramedic supervisor 2011 Charger. Tough choices. Does that bar have to be used with a specific controller ?

And I'd really like to see the installation manual.

PM me with your email address and I'll see what I can get for you.

Charger for a paramedic supervisor car??

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
I love the concept of the bar, but $4k is still too rich for most departments... I would think.

J. Forbes

May 24, 2010
Houston
So far the options for controllers are: SmartSiren Platinum, Vbar Controller, plug and play (haven't seen this one yet), and interface module to connect to any switches.

Here is the marketing flyer for the Vision SLR and Valor:

Download the file

Flyer.pdf

Attachments

• Flyer.pdf
    312 bytes · Views: 62

cory y

May 21, 2010
I just placed an order with Federal Signal for a Loaded 53inch Vision SLR with every option. 7 Multi color pods, signal master, hot feet, end cap alleys, everything.

I have a ship date of Feb 1.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
cory y said:
I just placed an order with Federal Signal for a Loaded 53inch Vision SLR with every option. 7 Multi color pods, signal master, hot feet, end cap alleys, everything.

I have a ship date of Feb 1.
What is it going on?

Which controller did you get?

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Jman423 said:
What is it going on?

Which controller did you get?

Hope what ever it goes on is paid off....

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
For that price i'd rather buy a used liberty and another truck lol!

cory y

May 21, 2010
Its going on a customers 05 tundra...

For the controller he also ordered a smart siren platinum. And 10 laws. And dual dynamaxes..

cory y

May 21, 2010
Not as far as I can tell... he claims to have a 10k budget though.

And yes I got a deposit

cory y

May 21, 2010
he saw a youtube video of the SLR and decided he wanted that it instead of the raydain... so ive spent the past few days on the phone with FS customer service (who are awesome btw) trying to get this bar...

now i will have this bar in probably by the 7th of feb and will more than likely be one of the first 20 made

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I love how if only the 1 and 7 pods are rotating, the 2 and 6 pods will act like a mirror to add an extra flash on that side where the V-shape hides the lights on the other side.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
It's a super cool toy..... I'm still not convinced that it is a practical product for...well....anyone..... but the concept and design are super interesting.

theolog

Dec 27, 2010
North Carolina
I think having different color options and modes for day/night or stationary/response would be practical, as well as turning all pods to takedown lights. I guess that's becoming standard now since the Liberty has the same capability according to a sirennet (or was it strobesnmore?) video posted a few months back.

Definitely "fluffier" and pricier than what I expect from a lightbar though. :D

d119

May 26, 2010
CA - Land of Steady Red
Whats the "V" controller?

Is the SS Platinum the only option for this thing if you want a siren/airhorn?

Any details on the various control options that are / will be available for this thing?

I sure hope my rep can get me a better price than the $6,630 the configurator quotes me or the $4,002 LoneStarPSE quotes me.

I'd spend $2500 on it, but thats about all...

cory y

May 21, 2010
d119 said:
Whats the "V" controller?

Is the SS Platinum the only option for this thing if you want a siren/airhorn?

Any details on the various control options that are / will be available for this thing?

I sure hope my rep can get me a better price than the $6,630 the configurator quotes me or the $4,002 LoneStarPSE quotes me.

I'd spend $2500 on it, but thats about all...

no way youre getting it for 2500. period. thats more than a grand less than my master distributor cost was

and if you want another different siren you order it with the interface kit and then wire your switchbox to the interface kit

Newberry13

May 21, 2010
SC, USA
Lone Star PSE has them listed for $2347. Granted, this is the regular mount, no frame mounted alleys, no signal master, and only pods 2 and 6 are multi color.

http://www.lonestarpse.com/federal-signal-vision-slr-multi-color-led-lightbar.html

A fully loaded version would run you $4002. Personally I don't need the signal master, as no agency around here has them. So, the average driver would have no clue what they are. That'll knock $360 off of the price. Damn, now I need to convince the wife that I need a $3642 lightbar. If you guys (and ladies) don't hear from me in more then a week, call the Phelps County Sheriff's Office because my wife murdered me! :rotfl: :missing:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.