Fellow officer suicide

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Well on September 1st around 10pm i got the news that my former partner ended his own life at the age of 23. Im gonna miss him he was an awesome guy below is the story and all the drama going on due to our city commissioners being powerhungry. When this video got out of them harrassing us they removed all body mics and body video cameras so they would not be recorded again doing something corrupt. But here i show you the video of one of our city commissioners abusing his power they actually would pull us over when ever we were on patrol and tell us to leave the area. They would also pull over at our traffic stops and harrass us until we would let the people go that we had pulled over for speeding or some other traffic violation. But now the shit has hit the fan and they are scared since we the officers are fighting back.

first video

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story ... &id=506317

second video news reports that city alderman removed our mics and video equipment

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=506759

And also to point out the city alderman also got rid of the entire vol fire department of 30 and only leaving 4 vol fire fighters left for the entire city and neighboring towns since two other towns dont have a FD they rely on our citys FD for response. The reason for them getting rid of the firefighters was not known but i can assure you it was not due to any wrongdoing by the FD they just out of the blue got all removed and they put my police chief on 90 day probation and thretend to fire the entire police force if we did not listen thire commands. Thire demmands were as follows- No more traffic stops, No more citations, No more code 3 responses without writing a report about it, No more spotlighting of residences or using spot light equipment, No more Video cameras on units or body mics or body video recording devices, No more DWI'S or Public intoxication arrests, No more searching of vehicles, Our only job as per the time being is to only answer 911 calls only either than that do not leave the station.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Holy crap! What you all described is as close to dictatorship as you can get, Station 3!!! I can't believe they treat their LEOs and emergency workers like garbage :evil: . At least it made it to your local news and internet so that now all of Texas and the rest of the country knows what your scumsucking city commisioners are doing to you all. They better get what they deserve after all the bullcrap they made you guys go through.

RIP for your fellow officer, man :cry: . Hopefully things will get fixed for you all down there.

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Holy smokes! You really need to find a new department to get on...FAST! Then, target those morons as they cross in to your jurisdiction.

Prayers to the officers family and friends

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
Nothing worse than working for a small town. I was with a department I loved. We had a great department, well staffed, the best equipment, decent pay, and the respect of other area agencies. WE also enjoyed the full support of our mayor and city council.

A guy who got stopped for a traffic violation threatened an officer. Then, in an unrelated incident, his nephew got arrested. The next thing you know, he is running for mayor, and a couple of his buddies are running for council seats. They got elected due to family name recognition, and proceeded to tear the police department apart.

The mayor did just what the alderman in the above story did. Started stopping on our calls and traffic stops, and following us around. Then they cut funding and positions, effectively destroying a smooth and efficient operation into a disjointed part time department. We actually had shifts with no police coverage, and the criminal element figured it out quickly and took advantage.

All of this was done on the personal agenda of a few anti-police idiots who were willing to run for public office. As far as I am concerned, the voters who elected these crooks are now getting what they deserve. No real police protection.

We went from 5 full time officers, 6 paid part timers, and 6 reserve officers, to a part time chief and 2 part time officers.

3 new cars with state of the art equipment to 1 car.

Nice offices to a moldy lean-to in the corner of the street garage.

Full time 24 hour protection to 5-6 shifts covered A WEEK

I got seriously injured on a call and had to take a medical disability retirement. Sad to say, it is the best thing that ever happened.

Hang in there guys! At least the media knows what is happening and is on your side. We got torn apart, and the attention came well after the damage was done.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
I don't know, if they're getting in the way of you doing your job at scenes or on traffic stops, sounds like obstruction/hindering. Yeah, you're gonna lose your job, but you might as well go out with a bang; throw their ass in the clink!!!

And, at this point, buy your own mic/video. They take it from you, arrest them for theft.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Does your state have an Inspector General's office or an ethics commission that investigates issues involving misconduct by elected officials? There may also be a state or federal whistleblower statute that may apply.

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
Stendec said:
Does your state have an Inspector General's office or an ethics commission that investigates issues involving misconduct by elected officials? There may also be a state or federal whistleblower statute that may apply.

Yes, we have an Office of Inspector General in TX.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
No kidding, time for the state to get involved. 2800+ people, these city guys aren't nothing special, although they think they are.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
First off, sorry about your partner. This BS isn't worth an officer's life.

Since you'll need a different job anyway, I'd arrest them for interfering/obstructing.

Hopfuly he resists....

w/o cameras or mics you could probably get away w/ shooting him (joke).

cory y

May 21, 2010
heres an idea... does the County sheriff have cameras and mics in their cars? well call them for backup on every single incident

but I agree on what John said.

the Aldermen are preventing you from upholding the laws of the state and that is by defination obstructing.

you took an oath to uphold the laws of the state and you are being prevented from doing so.

fuck them.

Klein

May 22, 2010
Texas
If they arent over state statutes cant yall officers still do everything you were doing before? Would just like them legalizing weed even though it is illegal under state and federal law. Seems like they, aldermen, cant just say to stop running calls and citing people.

Can you use your own camcorder and put it on ur dash and get one of those digital pocket recorders and use that on every call/traffic stop?

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
CYA, CYA, CYA. Use your own recording equipment. Document EVERYTHING. Answer ONLY to your chief. No one else can dictate what you can/can't do.

And for god's sakes, if you haven't already, call in your state investigation dept/oversite group.

Good luck.

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
Sorry to hear about your partner....Sounds like a bunch of bullshit tp me...Good luck with your issues hope you find a better station

Ben E.

May 21, 2010
Iowa, USA
I hope someone ends up suing the shit out of that town and putting them into massive debt. Hopefully that's after you leave.

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
Since you obviously don't have the support of the powers that be, find another department PRONTO and get the hell out of that cesspool NOW before something really goes awry.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
I was told that the Texas Rangers were possibly investigating the subject. This is all hearsay and im not sure but i do know that the tables have turned and the town has turned on the city alderman and they are now on our side.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
Don't let your guard down. I call bullshit that they're "on your side."

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.