Feniex 4200 Control System

Jamey@NNE

Jun 23, 2011
Ocoee, Florida
Eric1249 said:
I am debating a 4200. I know the Storm will work with it, but what other sirens will work well with it? I would also like to see what flash patterns come with the 4200. How many amps will the flasher handle?

Any volunteer siren that uses regular switches.

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I am leaning towards one of these but it is just hard to give up my Touch Master Delta. If there was a way to wire the two together I would order one.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
Jamey@NNE said:
Any volunteer siren that uses regular switches.

The Feniex storm uses standard switches and are included with the driver. Lemme know if you need any more info

Edit: didnt read the progression correct. My bad

Last edited by a moderator:

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
Eric1249 said:
I am leaning towards one of these but it is just hard to give up my Touch Master Delta. If there was a way to wire the two together I would order one.

Do you have a smart phone or tablet? Second control head and mobility of about 40 feet roughly. Functional and fun to show off

thekameleon

Jul 19, 2013
Illinois
I love my 4200. I just wish it had an override feature.  I have an intersection mode that I want to turn on. When I do, I am forced to deactivate certain buttons so I can get the right pattern, but once the 15 seconds passes and the button turns off.  I would like to revert to what it was doing before. If the 4200 could do that it would be perfect.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Would be easy to do using the slide switches and/or programming

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
I love my 4200. I just wish it had an override feature.  I have an intersection mode that I want to turn on. When I do, I am forced to deactivate certain buttons so I can get the right pattern, but once the 15 seconds passes and the button turns off.  I would like to revert to what it was doing before. If the 4200 could do that it would be perfect.
... it could also be done with a timed button function or momentary button. It's all about the programming.

thekameleon

Jul 19, 2013
Illinois
Not that I can see.  I hit a button and I want it to override every port whether they are active or inactive and once the timer times out I want all the ports that were inactive or active before the button press to go back the way they were. This button can be activated either by a button press or by the horn ring. I don't want the drive fiddling with the slide switch every time to reset everything.  Safety First!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
It is capable and has been done with both the timer function and momentary switches (which are just programming) and then tied to a horn ring. 

I don't want the drive fiddling with the slide switch every time to reset everything.  Safety First!

:confused:   :confused:  most people say the whole reason they want the slide switch is because its easier/safer than finding a single button. 

Did you do the install or the dealer? if so go back to the dealer, I'm sure he can set it up for ya without an issue. 

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Not that I can see.  I hit a button and I want it to override every port whether they are active or inactive and once the timer times out I want all the ports that were inactive or active before the button press to go back the way they were. This button can be activated either by a button press or by the horn ring. I don't want the drive fiddling with the slide switch every time to reset everything.  Safety First!
Without actually knowing a little more about the layout, I can't be 100% certain, but...

When I program my 4200, I assign each button to an output, then each slide-switch position to a set of buttons (instead of assigning outputs directly). This allows me to set buttons and slide-switch positions to deactivate other buttons (with assigned outputs) since the software doesn't offer the option to disable an output directly. This can be good if you have enough buttons, so I don't know your specific case. For instance, I use a Cobra 600 as my warning/traffic bar; it uses 4 buttons total. For effect, when I turn on my arrow functions, I have the keypad to mimic the current pattern. When left arrow is on, my programming ensures that the center-out and right arrow functions (buttons) are deactivated... and so on.

It seems like you could just set your slide-switch position 2 to be your normal lighting and then position 3 to be the temporary  override (including disabled buttons) and then slide back to position 2. But it seems you don't want the driver changing modes, which is sort of contradictory.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
You could wire in Unitrol 480k or the Omega 90's. They work just fine off of switches. I'm sure you could also wire the tap2 function of the touch master delta into the 4200 assuming the omega or 480 just didn't do it for you.

Seth

thekameleon

Jul 19, 2013
Illinois
I don't think you are getting at what I am looking for. I have a monetary switch with a 15 second timer.  I need to explicitly deactivate a series of buttons when the button is pressed. then once the 15 seconds is over for the buttons that were deactivated to be activated again. Does this make sense?

foxtrot5

Sep 26, 2011
Charleston Area, SC, US
Feniex guys, I'm hoping you're still paying attention to this thread.

As I've been playing with my 4200 more, I've found three things that I THINK are quick and easy "fixes" with the programming software.

I'd like to see an option to "Save As" instead of just "Save" that way I can open the program, load a setup from saved, alter it, and "Save As" a new file. Right now it appears your only option is to overwrite the file you opened.

Second, (and this one might be tougher) I'd like to see a "Read program from controller" option. I would imagine that this would be very helpful to installers so they don't have to maintain a database of every customer's 4200 program.

Finally, I'd love to see the addition of custom text fields on the display of the buttons when programming. It would make it a lot easier for me if I can type in "Wail" as an overlay on one of the buttons then click it, and have it activate the wail output for my siren.

mm2k5

Jan 7, 2012
Southern Missouri
I don't think you are getting at what I am looking for. I have a monetary switch with a 15 second timer.  I need to explicitly deactivate a series of buttons when the button is pressed. then once the 15 seconds is over for the buttons that were deactivated to be activated again. Does this make sense?
Have you tried something like this (like mentioned above) :

4200.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.