Feniex 4200 Version Differences

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
So I'm curious, I know there are now (at least) two versions of the 4200... what is the easiest way to tell if you have a version 1 or version 2 relay box?

Also between version 1 and 2, are the wig wag outputs different or exactly the same?

Thanks!

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA
I am attaching the 2 different Install manuals I have saved, and in them you can see what the differences are.

IIRC it had to do with creating more outputs, and removing some of the grouped, larger Amp outputs from the original version, as well as some other changes. Outputs for Wig-Wags are 2&3 on both versions.

Feniex 4200 Instruction Manual.pdf

4200 Instructions Updated.pdf

Attachments

• 4200 Instructions Updated.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 21
  • Feniex 4200 Instruction Manual.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: Tom@Feniex

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I am attaching the 2 different Install manuals I have saved, and in them you can see what the differences are.

IIRC it had to do with creating more outputs, and removing some of the grouped, larger Amp outputs from the original version, as well as some other changes. Outputs for Wig-Wags are 2&3 on both versions.

attachicon.gif
Feniex 4200 Instruction Manual.pdf

attachicon.gif
4200 Instructions Updated.pdf

Thanks for that Nathan. I guess there's a third version of the relay box as well. See the following attached file.

Feniex 4200 IM 051515262339629.pdf

Attachments

• Feniex 4200 IM 051515262339629.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 21

Nathan R

Lifetime VIP Donor
Mar 27, 2014
USA
Thanks for that Nathan. I guess there's a third version of the relay box as well. See the following attached file.
Thanks. I have not done any work on my 4200 in a few months, so I didn't go searching for any new/updated manuals (since I have the original one).

SireLite

May 21, 2010
Merseyland, England, GB
On the old one it said you can plug a lightbar into the RJ45 which is not used on the newer version. It also says the USB was used on the old version to connect to a computer system.

As for the outputs they are all the same as well as the inputs. Going by what those install manuals say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom@Feniex

May 21, 2015
Austin, Texas
The differences between version 1 and version 2 are nice improvements in my opinion. We separated the group outputs and added an additional single output. There's also a reverse polarity protection seeing that this was the major issue with version 1. Despite the labeling that was adhered to it, reverse polarity was the number 1 issue. It's fixed now! 

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
The differences between version 1 and version 2 are nice improvements in my opinion. We separated the group outputs and added an additional single output. There's also a reverse polarity protection seeing that this was the major issue with version 1. Despite the labeling that was adhered to it, reverse polarity was the number 1 issue. It's fixed now! 
Are there different colored boards that can help people determine which version they have?

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
On the old one it said you can plug a lightbar into the RJ45 which is not used on the newer version. It also says the USB was used on the old version to connect to a computer system.

As for the outputs they are all the same as well as the inputs. Going by what those install manuals say.
I know they said RJ-45 was going to still be in development for a bit. Cause the original intent I believe, was to allow that port to control a lightbar or siren. Not sure how far that's come along development.

One mine, an older version, I personally enjoy having the ground output. In conjuction with the bluetooth, it allows me to change and view the flash patterns from outside the vehicle without getting down into the wiring. Makes it much easier to decide on a pattern without having to take my seats out to get to my wiring.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

Yes, if you have a blue board it's version 1. A white board is version 2.

Tom Pringle

Feb 12, 2018
Altoona, PA
would there be a way to get the older version of the software? I have the older version of the 4200 and i can not get the timer function to work. The only version of software i can find on the Feniex page is version 2.0. thank you

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.