feniex amber products

delcofirecop

Jul 22, 2012
usa pa
hey everyone well i recently had one of my brand new lightbars on a truck have a run in with a disgruntled customer who was getting towed long story short i need a new lightbar lol. i am thinking about trying a feniex avatar but i am not sure how they will hold up to the vibration etc from a tow truck not a lot of public safety agencies around me run them so not sure how they would handle vibration from a wrecker or fire truck for example. they do seem to be a good product a lot of vollies in my dept run there stuff. since i do not like to mix brands of lights i will be replacing the grill lights and rear body mounted flashers on the truck as well as the arrow stick. i will include the link to the products i want to get in the bottom of the message my questions are will they hold up to the vibration from a f550 wrecker? and can i use the ford factory up fitter switches like i use now switch 1 is the lightbar switch 2 is the flashers switch 3 and 4 are upper and lower work lights switch 3 would be the bars work lights and switch 4 is the hook up lights mounted by the bottom of the boom.

i am considering the following

Police lights, Emergency led lights, public work lights, Feniex industries, Warning vehicle lights and sirens, lightbars in amber with stop turn tail lights and work lights

Police lights, Emergency led lights, public work lights, Feniex industries, Warning vehicle lights and sirens, lightbars with a seperate on off and pattern switch unless feniex has a control box like my current whelen traffic advisors do

Police lights, Emergency led lights, public work lights, Feniex industries, Warning vehicle lights and sirens, lightbars two of these in amber for the rear bumper of the truck.

Police lights, Emergency led lights, public work lights, Feniex industries, Warning vehicle lights and sirens, lightbars or two of these mounted just below the tailboard in amber as well as two in amber or amber/white for the front grill.

Jan 5, 2013
Des Moines Iowa
delcofirecop said:
hey everyone well i recently had one of my brand new lightbars on a truck have a run in with a disgruntled customer who was getting towed long story short i need a new lightbar lol. i am thinking about trying a feniex avatar but i am not sure how they will hold up to the vibration etc from a tow truck not a lot of public safety agencies around me run them so not sure how they would handle vibration from a wrecker or fire truck for example. they do seem to be a good product a lot of vollies in my dept run there stuff. since i do not like to mix brands of lights i will be replacing the grill lights and rear body mounted flashers on the truck as well as the arrow stick. i will include the link to the products i want to get in the bottom of the message my questions are will they hold up to the vibration from a f550 wrecker? and can i use the ford factory up fitter switches like i use now switch 1 is the lightbar switch 2 is the flashers switch 3 and 4 are upper and lower work lights switch 3 would be the bars work lights and switch 4 is the hook up lights mounted by the bottom of the boom.

Police lights, Emergency led lights, public work lights, Feniex industries, Warning vehicle lights and sirens, lightbars in amber with stop turn tail lights and work lights

Police lights, Emergency led lights, public work lights, Feniex industries, Warning vehicle lights and sirens, lightbars with a seperate on off and pattern switch unless feniex has a control box like my current whelen traffic advisors do

Police lights, Emergency led lights, public work lights, Feniex industries, Warning vehicle lights and sirens, lightbars two of these in amber for the rear bumper of the truck.

Police lights, Emergency led lights, public work lights, Feniex industries, Warning vehicle lights and sirens, lightbars or two of these mounted just below the tailboard in amber as well as two in amber or amber/white for the front grill.

I have sold a couple 57" Avatar lightbars for use on tow trucks with no problem. Also my tow truck has the Feniex work lights on the deck and some Feniex 1Xs on the rear near the brake lights. The hold up well. Happy Shopping:)

delcofirecop

Jul 22, 2012
usa pa
thanks i was thinking of swapping work lights too maybe just the lower hook up lights i want something bright but not too damm bright as we do use back up cameras do not want to blind the camera etc.

PJD642

May 20, 2010
east of Cleveland
I was talking to a tow driver the other day while they were dragging a car out of a river. He had those amber marker lights down the sides of the flatbed, and I thought that'd be a great place for some Cannons - steady burn most of the time (only 6 LEDs), then full power flash mode when he activates his warning lights. Relatively inexpensive way to get plenty of supplemental warning.

delcofirecop

Jul 22, 2012
usa pa
would be great if i ran flatbeds they do work nice. but i do reposessions and private property impounds i run trucks like this. photo from dynamic mfg website.

dynamic_601_bsw_01_hero.jpg

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
delcofirecop said:
would be great if i ran flatbeds they do work nice. but i do reposessions and private property impounds i run trucks like this. photo from dynamic mfg website.

The avatar will be fine for that. We have had several repo companies interested in the avatar because of the lower profile design. Apparently they go in parking garages quite a bit around here.

It was a pretty big hit at the Florida Tow Show.

delcofirecop

Jul 22, 2012
usa pa
was hoping you would respond we do a lot of parking garages for a local college so that works well. i was thinking of adding alley lights to the bar to supplement the unity post mount spot light on the trucks but it looks like in the flash pattern video that all the lights flash including alleys we can not have white flashing lights in our bars so idk how that would work.

FEVER said:
The avatar will be fine for that. We have had several repo companies interested in the avatar because of the lower profile design. Apparently they go in parking garages quite a bit around here.

It was a pretty big hit at the Florida Tow Show.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
The bar we have set up had alleys. You have the option to flash them or steady burn them. If you do not want to flash them, simply don't hook up the flashing takedown and alley wire. The alley and work lights are a nice feature though

GPC

Oct 17, 2010
North Carolina
Having now seen the Avatar in person I would be very confident in using it on a tow truck. It is very solidly built and bright as hell. Also has some cool features like a built in traffic adviser and cruise lights.

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
I've gone a question for ya, why so many lights? I thought repo people/trucks try to be low profile. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash you I'm just curious.

Kd8bao

Mar 8, 2012
Independence, Ohio
delcofirecop said:

The Avatar is a great bar. Be advised that the lights in treat are only stop/turn. They won't run dim.

The Avatar also has a built in arrow stick. Requires two switches to get 3 functions. And like Nic said alley lights only flash if you tell them to.

The T6 lights are nice and bright and small.

The Apollo lights are nice and with dual mode gives more options

As far as a controller, the 4200 would give you all functionality you would want or need for the wrecker.

If you want to add or upgrade to LED utility lighting, let me know. We are dealer for Lifetime LEDs. Nice lights and can't beat the warranty

Let us know if you need anything, same with most dealers here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.