Feniex Apollo 49" vs Federal Signal Valor

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Tested in direct sunlight, from a few distances. Tried to set the bars to similar patterns.

You be the judge.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
FedSig definitely has the brighter product here. There's no question that FedSig is a premium product (that comes with a "premium" price tag); however, Feniex's product is a fraction of the cost and still quite suitable.
Thanks for the vid

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City
FedSig definitely has the brighter product here. There's no question that FedSig is a premium product (that comes with a "premium" price tag); however, Feniex's product is a fraction of the cost and still quite suitable.
Thanks for the vid

I agree, FedSig for the win overall. The Valor has more options and definitely out-shines the Apollo bar. BUT if you need a good dual color bar for around $1,000, the Apollo is a great choice.

I'd love to see a Cobra bar vs the Valor and see which wins. I have a feeling the punch of the Cobra might overwhelm the Valors optics.

Reactions: Storm4200

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
Is it me or is the protective plastic still around the Apollo? Wouldn't that have a small effect on the output? Probably not enough to change the results, but looks like it may have a small effect.

I agree, FedSig for the win overall. The Valor has more options and definitely out-shines the Apollo bar. BUT if you need a good dual color bar for around $1,000, the Apollo is a great choice.

I'd love to see a Cobra bar vs the Valor and see which wins. I have a feeling the punch of the Cobra might overwhelm the Valors optics.

I agree, I think the Cobra would outdo the Valor in that aspect.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
The valor's off axis is aided by it's unique shape. The cobra is much closer optically than the wide lux is given its extreme off axis

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
There's no doubt the Valor is a great bar. But with almost $1200 difference in price, the Cobra makes a great and safe bar for those who can't afford a $2K+ light bar.

Jun 24, 2015
Andrews TX
two totally different type of lighthead styles and different ends of the value non value spectrum. I for one would have no problem puuting the feniex on my POV and having money left for other things

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
There's no doubt the Valor is a great bar. But with almost $1200 difference in price, the Cobra makes a great and safe bar for those who can't afford a $2K+ light bar.

I paid $1k for my valor. Brand new. Less than an Apollo. Jus sayin.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Im sorry the optic comparisons arent good enough for you guys. As far im im concerned, they're both wide-axis optics.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
Is it me or is the protective plastic still around the Apollo? Wouldn't that have a small effect on the output? Probably not enough to change the results, but looks like it may have a small effect.

I agree, I think the Cobra would outdo the Valor in that aspect.
There's no protective plastic on the Apollo. Lol.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
I paid $1k for my valor. Brand new. Less than an Apollo. Jus sayin.
My google-fu failed me, lol. I googled for the prices real quick and saw most places online we around $2K+. That definitely changes things.

Im sorry the optic comparisons arent good enough for you guys. As far im im concerned, they're both wide-axis optics.
I definitely thought it was a great comparison and I'd love to see comparisons to other bars too. I've never seen a Valor in person, so I don't really know how bright it really is. I only have videos to go off of. I have seen many Whelen bars, but would be interested to see multi-bar comparison.

There's no protective plastic on the Apollo. Lol.
Thanks. I thought I saw the plastic over the clear area that they put on the other Apollo/Cobra products. Hard to tell from the phone though, lol.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.