Feniex Cannon 360 LED Hide-a-way

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
The new "Feniex Cannon" will be called the Feniex Cannon 360 LED Hide-a-way.

The price, as you all have requested; is $79.00.

http://feverinc.net/feniex-cannon-360-dual-color-hide-a-way.html

The reflector cap is NOT available to be adapted to the cannon. The reflector will get 70% of the light out put from the LED's to reflect. The other 30% is still forward facing.  Another great feature.... quick disconnects!  They are added between the flasher and the lighthead for ease of installation. 

These will NOT come with surface mount flanges. 

Luminex-3D.jpgCannon-Luminex-Disconnect.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
Already posted on here in some other threads, but this is the concept.  Additionally the Cannon and the Luminex will come with quick-disconnects between the driver and light head to assist in installation and service. 

AttendeeViewerImage011.png

Reactions: Phoenix_Rising

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
It is no different than the Cannon. 

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
So,in a tail light mounted application, will this be brighter/more effective than a Cannon?
Depending on the installation, yes. It is just as bright as the Cannon, but it shoots the light at the reflectors in the housing, and it protrudes further into the housing as well.

Feb 4, 2012
Casper, Wyoming
The reflector cap looks to cover the diodes, how does the 70% reflected 30% forward output work? Just a question, thanks for posting this Nic, I was just about to order the 3 mode Cannons, but these will be the lights for me. Release date in the near future I hope?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They are going into production soon.... I wouldn't expect anything shipping for a couple months (to be safe). 

The numbers were provided by feniex through their independent testing.  I'm assuming that the reflector isn't completely covering the leds. 

Keep in mind, with the way light emits from leds; you would have to completely cover the led and have over hang to prevent the light from going past the reflector.  

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
**sigh** Time to start saving up again!!

sheazle

May 31, 2013
Missouri
I love everything about this.

I used these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BNUBLW2/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to fill the reflector housing for my front turn signals on my F150.

Quick connects will be awesome as well. I had to cut wires to install the cannons on my toolbox lid.

I'm trying to convince Chief to give me some money to replace the strobe system on our rescue with Cannons in the existing lights. The Lumiex heads look like they will work even better.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Yes.. they are essentially the cannon with the reflector. 

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
These look fantastic, I especially like the connectors just after the light head. Would make removing my headlights much easier. I may have invest in some for my reverse lights as well.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
These look fantastic, I especially like the connectors just after the light head. Would make removing my headlights much easier. I may have invest in some for my reverse lights as well.
I know you are wanting to order stuff for your install on saturday but these wont be out for a while. 

Additionally, the Cannon will also have the connector in coming months

Reactions: paff2 and rwo978

FFParker

Jul 17, 2010
Aiken, SC

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
As soon as these come out, anyone want to buy 4 split B/A cannons? Installed for only about a month as of right now lol!!

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

sheazle

May 31, 2013
Missouri
I second this, I kinda would like to see a before and after, this might be an alternative for some of us that already have cannons installed. I am curious if this take away from the distance of light throw, if that makes sense...
Sorry, for some reason I'm not getting email notifications since the forum upgrade. Just saw this. I'll try to get some pictures when I have a minute.

Reactions: Skippy

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida

Has there been any further information leaked? Perhaps availability date?

They are going into production soon.... I wouldn't expect anything shipping for a couple months (to be safe). 
That being said, I wouldn't expect anything for another month or so. 

As always, there will be rumors of release dates or dealers claiming to know when. As soon as there is official word from Feniex via a release (in print). I'll update this thread as I usually do. 

Last edited by a moderator:

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Surface mount needs to be an option.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
That's what the Cannon is for.^^^^^
I agree. I don't see the reflector spreading the light back towards a vehicle as being a good surface mount option. But I'm sure it would fit with the cannon surface mount flange.

Storm4200

Nov 2, 2011
NJ
any updates on release date? im gonna need a few. My truck doesnt have enough lights 

Reactions: strobecrazy

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I am waiting as well.  I want a set of white/amber for my reverse lights.  I wonder if these will work better in fogs in my Explorer then my Cannons?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida

That being said, I wouldn't expect anything for another month or so. 

As always, there will be rumors of release dates or dealers claiming to know when. As soon as there is official word from Feniex via a release (in print). I'll update this thread as I usually do. 

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
It has been done with the Cannon, I would not recommend it if you want to remain within NFPA....
How wouldn't it be NFPA ? It's an SAE Light in an SAE housing with brighter output?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.