Feniex Cannon 360 LED Hide-a-way

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Correct. The Cannon 360 has not been released yet. I expect it to be a part of a launch for 2015

RightEZ

Sep 11, 2014
KY
So would these be better than the original cannons inside fog lights?

Also heard that these are coming out Thursday?

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
So would these be better than the original cannons inside fog lights?

Also heard that these are coming out Thursday?
depends on the fog light.

Anything heard right now is strictly a rumor most likely being perpetuated by a dealer. 

Feniex has not released any official information. Until they do, it is purely conjecture. 

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

RightEZ

Sep 11, 2014
KY
Yeah it was a dealer on Facebook that went into detail that the webinar for dealers is on Wednesday and release for Thursday. Round fog lights on my Mustang are what I'm going to use

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Flange isnt much of a change.... anything else we will have to wait for Feniex to make an announcement on. Nothing was announced today at the dealer webinar.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Dang that looks sex-ayyy!!

Can't wait to waste my tax refund on a couple of these!

cannon 360.jpg

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I was talking to tech support at Feniex yesterday. I got a set of Cannons that I wanted to

connect to an external flasher. I have do it before. I was told the Cannons will not work

an external flasher even if set to steady burn. So I figured I would pass that along incase

anyone was thinking of connecting it to an external flasher like I was. I did ask and the T#

can be connected to an external flasher.

paff2

Nov 30, 2010
Lancaster, PA
I was talking to tech support at Feniex yesterday. I got a set of Cannons that I wanted to

connect to an external flasher. I have do it before. I was told the Cannons will not work

an external flasher even if set to steady burn. So I figured I would pass that along incase

anyone was thinking of connecting it to an external flasher like I was. I did ask and the T#

can be connected to an external flasher.
Apparently that is just on the new version then. I have the 2 mode cannons connected to a ulf44 and they work excellent.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Apparently that is just on the new version then. I have the 2 mode cannons connected to a ulf44 and they work excellent.
something isn't right. Must be a fast flash pattern. We just synced some with an ERM flasher.  Three modes. 

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
something isn't right. Must be a fast flash pattern. We just synced some with an ERM flasher.  Three modes.
I tried it with the action flash and the triple flash. No luck. I tried both of the amber I

have and nothing. But when I reconnected the old red one, worked just fine. Tom from Feniex

told me it wont work. I really wish it would work.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I tried it with the action flash and the triple flash. No luck. I tried both of the amber I

have and nothing. But when I reconnected the old red one, worked just fine. Tom from Feniex

told me it wont work. I really wish it would work.
Strange.. I used it on a fast flash pattern using our ERM flashers.  I don't use the ULF's though

Same firmware is in the T-6 and F-6 so then those shouldnt work either. 

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Anyone hear if the release date is set yet?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Anyone hear if the release date is set yet?
should see the T3 thread.  Release dates are meant to be broken... feniex has pushed them back again to just be a "1st quarter" release instead of this month. 

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Just finished picking up my 2013 F-150 from the install shop and i had them install some Solid RED/BLUE cannons in the turn signals and I was very disappointed with the output i don't think the LEDs flash properly into the reflector so im probably going to buy some of these maybe it will make a difference.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Just finished picking up my 2013 F-150 from the install shop and i had them install some Solid RED/BLUE cannons in the turn signals and I was very disappointed with the output i don't think the LEDs flash properly into the reflector so im probably going to buy some of these maybe it will make a difference.
Yeah.... on that model truck i bet the light isn't even making it into the housing. The 360's are going to work well in that truck. 

Reactions: Station 3

crt6mrt-265

May 23, 2010
Central NJ
Yeah.... on that model truck i bet the light isn't even making it into the housing. The 360's are going to work well in that truck. 
 I installed the 120s into my car, the dome just barely comes through..... butttttt the light actually is shining the correct way and lighting up the reflector quite nicely... bright as all HELLLLLL wow

Tri-State PSE

May 21, 2010
Middletown, Ohio
I think a lot of customers may be misinformed or confused by the release of the new 360 Cannon.

I want to try and clarify some concerns:

1. It is not meant to replace or be brighter than the 120 Cannon.

2. Customers should pay very close attention to the light spread of the new 360 Cannon VS their application. (light housing)

It's designed to throw light around the reflector (circular), much similar to the light spread of a beacon.

Given the spread of light, I think the amount of applications benefiting from this hide-away may be a lot fewer than some think.

3. Although the 120's head barely penetrates some light housings and the 360 has a larger head making penetration better, the light disbursement

coming from the head is Completely different between the two.

Each version has it's place in the market, but understanding how the light will function and it's intended purpose, is paramount when thinking of a place to install them. :popcorn:

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
Sooooo the 360's still not released yet? I got my tax refund and it's burning a hole in my pocket!!!

Reactions: TritonBoulder47

farmtrain

Aug 4, 2012
AZ
So here is my question..

I am wanting to replace the halogen stock bulbs in the tails of my 13 sierra, all 6 lights. I had asked this back when the lumilux (canon 360) was a drawing fever shared. So now that some of you are getting them, will this be an appropriate application? 

My goal is to totally replace the 2 red with rr 360s and use them for STT as well as warning. I also want to replace the rev lights with w? and have them do the same, rev lights but also setup for warning. 

CAN THIS BE DONE? I worry about the heat generated with the parking/running lights on, will that be an issue? 

Thanks all for your input and advise!

purplegoat88

Jan 20, 2011
NJ
So here is my question..

I am wanting to replace the halogen stock bulbs in the tails of my 13 sierra, all 6 lights. I had asked this back when the lumilux (canon 360) was a drawing fever shared. So now that some of you are getting them, will this be an appropriate application?

My goal is to totally replace the 2 red with rr 360s and use them for STT as well as warning. I also want to replace the rev lights with w? and have them do the same, rev lights but also setup for warning.

CAN THIS BE DONE? I worry about the heat generated with the parking/running lights on, will that be an issue?

Thanks all for your input and advise!
Yup I have my 14 Silverado setup like that using standard cannons. I've already been told they can be almost too bright. If u wanna save some money just use standard cannons.
http://youtu.be/UhkIRcFtRIA

acs680

Nov 23, 2010
Tennessee
For those who have seen the 360 and are familiar with the Crown Vic taillight, would you think the 120 or 360 would perform better? I have seen the 120 in a Crown Vic tail light and they work very well. We are probably going with the 360s in the front marker lights, but i'm looking for opinions on the tail lights.

RecElect

Jan 26, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
We just did our first install using the 360 and we were surprised at the outcome.

It is kinda the whole "Cobra vs Apollo" thing again. The cobra is blindingly bright straight on, but off axis the light diminishes. Were as the apollo is good all the way around but is not the "punchiest" light out there. 

We have the 360s mounted in the reverse lights of a tahoe. We have done full fleets of these tahoes with cannon 120s in the backup light, but they just did not go as deep in the housing as you would like (when replacing the backup light bulb).

We thought the 360 would be the better solution.

Now we are debating internally what to do. On one hand the 360 fills out the enitre reflector significantly better than the 120, HOWEVER, the light out put is not near what the 120 was. When we go into reverse with the 120, you got a good ammount of light output, and a much brighter light (set to steady white) than the OEM bulb. However in direct sun the 120 in the reverse light becomes a small circle of light whereas The 360 fills the entire reflector, so you get a nice big square light, but when in reverse, the light output of the 360 is more of that of the OEM bulb.

So 360 gives you bigger light foot print and seen at more angles, but not the best light spread (which honestly seems to defy logic) where as the 120 gives you blinding straight on light, but can be lost when looking at it at angles.

This could all be related to the light housing as well. We just put cannon 120s in the reverse lights of a 15'  f-150 and it was awesome. Best reflector for sure.

Honestly, it is still the best hideaway on the market, we are just debating which to use, 120 or 360 and in which situation.

Reactions: Hoff

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
could you takes pics of this for comparison if its not to late?

im wanting to add some HAW's to my kia's reverse lights or maybe tri mode for turn signal warning in the turn signal area but not sure which id want to go with...

aecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_41Yz7O9aXeL.jpg

im debating if I want "spot on" coverage towards the rear or wider angle with the turn signal area like so..

awww.allkiaparts.com_new_arrivals_640x480_003004_dr.jpg

For those who have seen the 360 and are familiar with the Crown Vic taillight, would you think the 120 or 360 would perform better? I have seen the 120 in a Crown Vic tail light and they work very well. We are probably going with the 360s in the front marker lights, but i'm looking for opinions on the tail lights.
It really depends on which chamber of the taillight you plan in using. There is the main chamber which houses the current stop turn tail bulb. The second chamber is located at the bottom of the housing and is much smaller. This smaller section is a hold over from when the first run of current model Vics' had Amber turn signals. If you go with the lower level I suggest the 120. One advantage to useing the smaller chamber is when your taillights are on at night no light shows through the lower level which means your Cannons won't be washed out.

If you want to see an example find a video of a Los Angeles Police Vic responding and you'll see the lower section of the taillight has the LED.

PS.

the LEDs you'll see are a discontinued Code 3 product.

Just my two cents

acs680

Nov 23, 2010
Tennessee
I just received 40 360s and there is no brake flash... I get steady burn 6, steady burn 12, followed by steady burn 6 again. :crazy:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I just received 40 360s and there is no brake flash... I get steady burn 6, steady burn 12, followed by steady burn 6 again. :crazy:
it should have them.. contact your dealer or if you are a dealer your account manager. I just checked one of mine and it has the brake pop

Reactions: Tom@Feniex

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.