Feniex Cannon Stays On

FirstSignal

Nov 4, 2019
Maryland
I Installed a pair of Cannons, a few days ago, One Master, One Slave, Alternating. They worked fine for the last few days, today one of them remains on and the other flashes normal flash pattern. They are simple on/off and do not have a secondary mode set. Double checked my wiring and it all looks fine, blk/blk, blue/blue, red/red.

Any help if I missed something would be great

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
something shorting out inside.

can you tell if each time you turn it on/off if it is cycling between slave/master? Sounds like it's RMA time.. Get with your dealer/feniex

Sep 16, 2018
Kentucky
I Installed a pair of Cannons, a few days ago, One Master, One Slave, Alternating. They worked fine for the last few days, today one of them remains on and the other flashes normal flash pattern. They are simple on/off and do not have a secondary mode set. Double checked my wiring and it all looks fine, blk/blk, blue/blue, red/red.

Any help if I missed something would be great
Hideaway or surface mount? in either case, I myself would reprogram each head at the switch to ensure each one functions through all patterns as designed before uninstalling (especially for hideaways). I have seen where minute (my-noot) shorts or surges can change patterns on a light without being strong enough to blow a fuse. You have a simple wiring configuration, so having a defective light head would sound unlikely to me (because it works) as opposed to one of the above switching one to the steady burn pattern. Check for any exposed copper in the wiring (could be very minimal). Also, not knowing how you have it powered in conjunction with other equipment installed in your vehicle, it is also possible you have a load/draw issue. Knowing how long they have been installed could help in troubleshooting as well. Hope this helps!

FirstSignal

Nov 4, 2019
Maryland
Thanks guys, was able to remove and try to reprogram but was unresposive. only stayed on with a slight flicker. Sent it in to Feniex to see if they can do something with it. Will let you guys know. Thanks

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.