Feniex Cannon used as marker, turn and warning function

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
Well i finally got around to installing a set of Feniex Cannon hideaways in our Dodge demo truck, the lights are red/amber, blue/amber. The lights are not all the way in the reflector, i have them just mounted to the outer housing, i want to run them a few days before i commit to drilling out the outer housing they are still brighter than the factory bulbs as they are now. I'm using a 33 ohm 1/2 watt resistor on the marker lights and a 6 ohm 50 watt resistor on the turn signals, i found out that i need to put another 6 ohm 50 watt resistor on the marker light side to prevent the hyper flash when i have the marker and turn on the same time.  

Reactions: got_yogurt

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
The one thing that would make this better.... Is when the new Luminex HAW (Cannon replacement) comes out!! Will be able to sit deeper into the housing, and spread the light to fill a reflector!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
The one thing that would make this better.... Is when the new Lumilex HAW (Cannon replacement) comes out!! Will be able to sit deeper into the housing, and spread the light to fill a reflector!!!
Thats my plan to use those when they come out, and why I haven't made the cannons sit closer to the reflector. Like Fever said, the Lumilex is another hideaway not a replacement.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
just saying... on my patrol car you could never see the turn signal with all my other equipment activated even in daylight. That was with them left stock.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
They passenger side cannon looks pretty teal which is odd. I've never had one look teal. It has to be a product of the housing or something.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I'm not telling my customers any sooner than 3-4 months to be safe

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
All of the information out is in the Feniex Luminex thread in the new product announcements.

Reactions: Mrlunchbox

txff914

May 25, 2010
Houstonl,tx
I'm wanting now to fix the hyper flash turn signal when the park lights are on, i've been doing some research on the load resistors i'm not sure if i have them set up correctly or not. I was told at the electronics shop here in town that i was supposed to put the load resistor inline of the signal wire, not bridge it across the signal wire and ground but every place i've found info on it says to bridge it across signal wire and ground. My load resistors don't look like the ones in the picture, they are a cymatic black tube rated at 50 watts and 6 ohms, anybody have info on this?  

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
I'm wanting now to fix the hyper flash turn signal when the park lights are on, i've been doing some research on the load resistors i'm not sure if i have them set up correctly or not. I was told at the electronics shop here in town that i was supposed to put the load resistor inline of the signal wire, not bridge it across the signal wire and ground but every place i've found info on it says to bridge it across signal wire and ground. My load resistors don't look like the ones in the picture, they are a cymatic black tube rated at 50 watts and 6 ohms, anybody have info on this?  
Superbrightleds.com has what you need. I use them and they are exactly what you need. here is the link: http://www.superbrightleds.com/search/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/resistor/

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
Last edited by a moderator:

StEaLtH2

Mar 3, 2011
New England
Ive got it set up where the warning function over rides the the marker and turn functions.
Question, on a new version three mode, if I wanted to replace a STT lamp, could the marker function stay on while flashing a warning pattern on a all red cannon?... Thanks

Reactions: acs680 and Big D

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.