Feniex flash patterns

May 9, 2012
Central Florida
Feniex -

I, along with some other folks I've spoke with, are curious to know if you'll ever add the SLOW double flash flash pattern back to your modules. The T-6s and Wideluxs have the double flash and triple flash but dang, they're fast! Your early version T6s had the slow version of the double flash which I loved. Any chance to ever bring that back?

Also, any chance on ever adding the SignalAlert flash pattern like most Whelen products have? If I had that pattern and the slow double flash on your products, I'd be one happy camper!

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
And everyone else that ever has to replace another model or want to try and add to their current setup would hate it because they would no longer work together. I don't want to go through another firmware revision like we have in the past.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
I like slower patterns as well, so I steady burn everything and run it all off my favorite flasher. Problem solved! Plus it syncs the entire setup regardless of brand.

Seth

derek92384

Dec 3, 2014
Connecticut
I just upgraded to the ulf44 flashers. 2 things i noticed. The new t6s (with new bezel) do not like the signal alert pattern and the t3s do not like steady burn or the california signal alert.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Firmware hasn't changed in a while. A lot of lights do not like the steady burn function of the ULF44 because of how it achieves it.

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
I am a big fan of Feniex products, but am also not completely in love with any of the patterns.

That being said, to be honest I think we all get too hung up on patterns. To the average soccer mom driving along in here mini van, or the average goofball guy picking his nose as he drives, all they see is flashing lights. I seriously doubt there is much difference in their reaction to different patterns. Unless it's a negative reaction, produced by some seizure-inducing blinding Pink Floyd concert laser show sitting on the shoulder of the road.

Just my humble opinion.

Bob

Reactions: wojf72

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I have all dummy head Cobra heads and 4 T3's on my truck and trailer. They work find with Signal Alert. I did have a newer pair if T6's and they worked fine as well when I was messing around with them.

Some people think patterns don't have a difference but I believe they do. It can have the same effect as when you are backing somone up using hand signals. I show new guys all the time. I slow my hands and arms down and the driver starts to slow. I am not a dancer, but watch people dance, as the music speeds up some people will dance faster. Some people might think I am weird for saying that but the mind does weird things.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
That argument means you need slow or fast patterns. Which they have. It's the multiple burst in slow/fast that they are lacking. They have some effective patterns but not as eye pleasing as some want.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
I agree about some of the patterns. I definitely wish they had some other patterns available. But if you select the right pattern, it can be very effective. However, I understand the whole firmware thing as I've got lights from 3 different firmwares which won't sync. I wouldn't think that Feniex would do another firmware/flashpattern change for at least another 5 years, if not longer. It's a major headache for everyone, including them. That said, when they do get around to doing all the changes, I hope they put all the same patterns across the board to all of their products. Or create a Feniex specific flasher that can be programmed to sync all of their products, including Apollo's/Cannons that generally can't be hooked to a flasher. Just my thoughts...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.